Good morning Fluffy Butt Acres folks! Just thought I'd check in to say Queen Bee has once again turned a corner and is us cooing and chattering this morning. No sign of fever or discomfort. She will remain in the hospital for a few days this time so I can closely watch her.

Who recommended Corid? I forget, but I want to thank you. My whole flock has already been treated for it, twice this year, the most recent being a couple weeks ago. And yes, I know you have to do it twice, 10 days on, 7 days off, 10 days on, with vitamins on the off days. But, I thought, why not try? So I did and it just might have been what made the difference. I can't be sure, but I stopped all other meds and started treating the whole flock again, just in case.

Thanks for all the support here!!! And the great advice!!! I'd go back and find out who said that, but you are all so chatty here that it might take me all day. :lol:
That is the best news ever! Thanks for sharing.

Added some Color and Life

I also was able to add some flowers to the coop yesterday. It buoyed my spirit a little. View attachment 2067735

It rained mercilessly this weekend. Always a downer for me. I need time outside. I also left the house for the first time in about 2 weeks, self isolation and all. Buying the flowers helped a lot.

Interesting Development in Flock Dynamics
I am watching Hattie lead the flock around this morning. For some reason Lilly is off on her own. Hattie even called to them at one point letting them know she had identified a good scratching place.

Only Sydney did not go to her. She too is off on her own this morning.

What I call the baby worms are back. They are tiny. Maybe as long as the first knuckle on your finger and as thick as a piece of string. They are under leaves and just in the first layer of soil. The ladies here will spend hours scratching them up. Their appearance surely means spring has arrived.
I love seeing coops dollied up. Good job, sir!

Good morning Fluffy Butt Acres folks! Just thought I'd check in to say Queen Bee has once again turned a corner and is us cooing and chattering this morning. No sign of fever or discomfort. She will remain in the hospital for a few days this time so I can closely watch her.

Who recommended Corid? I forget, but I want to thank you. My whole flock has already been treated for it, twice this year, the most recent being a couple weeks ago. And yes, I know you have to do it twice, 10 days on, 7 days off, 10 days on, with vitamins on the off days. But, I thought, why not try? So I did and it just might have been what made the difference. I can't be sure, but I stopped all other meds and started treating the whole flock again, just in case.

Thanks for all the support here!!! And the great advice!!! I'd go back and find out who said that, but you are all so chatty here that it might take me all day. :lol:
Wonderful news! :hugs And I have a feeling it was MaryJanet mentioned the corid. She has a very logical brain.

:oops:... that is meant to be a sign for “over my head” ... I don’t know how it happened but I seemed to gravitate toward the genius threads.. yours, Ribh’s, Kris’ .... etc... I am but a simpleton... I am not putting myself down in any way.. I have plenty of common sense but book knowledge is not my forte... so I do love learning from you all.. and I’ll admit.. some of what yall discuss I do get but some definitely goes over my head! I do love the fact that I can come on here and actually learn instead of just jibber jabbing.. thank you to ALL the geniuses here :hugs
It's ok, WhoDat. It went over my head too. :hugs I'm not a scientist. I'm afraid I belong with the fairly useless arty~farty brigade.

It's ok, WhoDat. It went over my head too. :hugs I'm not a scientist. I'm afraid I belong with the fairly useless arty~farty brigade.
I love artsy fartsy folks!!!! Luckily we don't have to all be scientists. We have great ones to explain things to us and at least tell us what to do to stay safe. :D

A very rapidly fatal virus doesn't spread so far in the community the person dies before they can pass it on to too many others. A virus that is much less rapidly fatal has the chance to spread in the community much more.

What about something like the Spanish flu and bubonic plague? Those were devastating and killed an awful lot of people. Would that mean the the host is infectious before becoming symptomatic? Or were they not considered ‘very rapidly’ fatal?

That’s awesome, I hope she continues to get better! :hugs I wanted to PM you but you’ve got your security settings up quite high and it wouldn’t let me save a message.

Back
Top Bottom