Next up the queen of fluffy pantaloons, Buttercup
View attachment 3170358

A truly fluffy tush on Curly
View attachment 3170357

Blanche and Penelope looking non too impressed with me
View attachment 3170360

And Sophia look as regal as ever
View attachment 3170359
Buttercup looks like she is wearing a stage costume with all that fluff.
Very glam.
🥰

Does anyone have any experience with these little fu**ers?
According to the insect identification app they are the larval form of the Asian multicolored lady beetle. Which looks like a ladybug/ladybird but is bigger.
They are apparently everywhere around the world now, and the chickens will not eat them!
What is that all about? These things are making my life in the chicken garden a bit miserable. They bite and make me itch and there are a lot of them!
Chickens just not interested!

View attachment 3169644View attachment 3169645
Definitely see them and when in the mood with eliminate them. Didn't know they bite. Unlike ladybugs these beetles chew on plants.

I got a call from my neighbor at 03:30 this morning. Seems that her cat was dying. 😔. I did the neighborly thing to do, and buried her in the neighbors yard. (Just now) . Poor lady, it was her only indoor cat, and she pampered the cat dearly. I’m with the neighbor now. I need to get back home soon to check on my chooks.
You're so kind :hugs :love I would really treasure a neighbour like you

I got a call from my neighbor at 03:30 this morning. Seems that her cat was dying. 😔. I did the neighborly thing to do, and buried her in the neighbors yard. (Just now) . Poor lady, it was her only indoor cat, and she pampered the cat dearly. I’m with the neighbor now. I need to get back home soon to check on my chooks.
Oh dear - that's sad; glad she had someone to call on - that was a humane and kind thing to do for this lady - helping her in her hour of need.

Our pets become out families, esp when we are older and kids move away and make their own lives. Hugs for you Alex....

20220701_153144.jpg

Flexi refused to show her fluffy, she said she wants her privacy

Good afternoon Marie!

Hope your weather has improved... It's raining here - not enough to do any good, but enough to bring the biting moquitoes out - and chase the chickens inside!
I use eucalyptus lavender, geranium rose and rosemary oil mixed into a carrier oil to keep them off me the cat and dog and wipe this around the coop with pine added. As for keeping them of our chickens I don't have a clue on that maybe a little garlic too their feed.
I also I mix the same oils along with pine oil into bicarbonate and white vinegar then add filtered water into a spray bottle for my home along with peppermint oil, flies hate it

Flies mosquitos and midges are a constant battle :th

Back
Top Bottom