Maleficent is Gone

Today was supposed to be a great day. It will go down as one of the worst in my life.

I have been traveling all week and have spent no time with the girls. It was going to warm up a little tosay and I had blocked my calendar for some late afternoon quality free range with them. I was excited.

I woke up this morning violently sick. There would be no quality time with the girls. I went from the bathroom to the bed all day.

My wife had to work today so I was home alone. She came home after dark and woke me up to check on me. I quickly checked the coop cam and Maleficent was not roosted.
View attachment 2010234

So asked my wife to find her and put her in the coop. She found her on the ground dead.

I just checked her body. Her neck was torn apart. Weasel or raccoon I am thinking. I have seen raccoons around here and have never seen a weasel.

Either way there will be coop upgrades tomorrow even if I crap myself while I'm doing it.

Quite frankly I am devastated. I could not be there for her. If I had not been sick she would have been fine. I would have checked everything at dusk in person just to spend time with them.

We were so close. I can't stop crying. I just can't right now. What a crappy day. I have to try and bury her in frozen ground tomorrow. How am I going to do that?

I'm just heartbroken.

Rest in Peace my besty
View attachment 2010241
Oh I am so, so sorry to hear that. I almost can't believe it. We will all miss Maleficent and her antics. I am sending you big virtual hugs as you sent to me when I lost Scary. :hugs:hugs:hugs So very sad.

Maleficent is Gone

Today was supposed to be a great day. It will go down as one of the worst in my life.

I have been traveling all week and have spent no time with the girls. It was going to warm up a little tosay and I had blocked my calendar for some late afternoon quality free range with them. I was excited.

I woke up this morning violently sick. There would be no quality time with the girls. I went from the bathroom to the bed all day.

My wife had to work today so I was home alone. She came home after dark and woke me up to check on me. I quickly checked the coop cam and Maleficent was not roosted.
View attachment 2010234

So asked my wife to find her and put her in the coop. She found her on the ground dead.

I just checked her body. Her neck was torn apart. Weasel or raccoon I am thinking. I have seen raccoons around here and have never seen a weasel.

Either way there will be coop upgrades tomorrow even if I crap myself while I'm doing it.

Quite frankly I am devastated. I could not be there for her. If I had not been sick she would have been fine. I would have checked everything at dusk in person just to spend time with them.

We were so close. I can't stop crying. I just can't right now. What a crappy day. I have to try and bury her in frozen ground tomorrow. How am I going to do that?

I'm just heartbroken.

Rest in Peace my besty
View attachment 2010241
I am so very sorry Bob.

:hit

Maleficent is Gone

View attachment 2010234

I'm just heartbroken.

Rest in Peace my besty
View attachment 2010241
:hit Oh no, no, no!!! :hugs :hit The timing couldn't have been worse. Why do we always lose our favorite and always at the one time we couldn't be there for them??? :hit :hugs

@BY Bob I'm sorry to have read that has happened to Maleficent. Do you want me to keep this Olive Egger pullet that I have over here for you to pick up when you get over here this way? She's a EE/Calico Princess mix, and hatched from a medium green egg.

That is very sweet but Arizona is a long way from PA. I can't imagine that road trip. :p

Back
Top Bottom