Well I think it's a wonderful idea.
I don't have any tattoos. If I did ever decide the time had come to get one it would probably be chicken related.

Thanks Shad. I’ve been wondering why I haven’t had one done for my children, but I’ve realised it would have to be next-level special, not some generic heart, flower or even text.

Beautiful and a wonderful memorial. I am a tattoo person, and have been since a very young age (although I thankfully never got that unicorn I had planned out when I was about 5);) My uncle had full sleeves and a partial back piece and quite a few chest tattoos. My papa said tattoos were only for criminals, loose women, and sailors. The only reason I don’t have more yet, is I believe they should all be special and have meaning, and the cost...

My father heckled me quite a bit for my tattoos when I got them to remember my uncle. Then when his third wife (she already had several tattoos, herself) died suddenly of cancer, he had the last tattoo she had already booked and partially paid for (portraits of their two cats heads together in a heart shape) done on the same place of his arm as mine are. His other arm quickly followed to match with a custom piece to memorialize her, a red high heel, dream catcher, and two dolphins.

Thanks Shad. I’ve been wondering why I haven’t had one done for my children, but I’ve realised it would have to be next-level special, not some generic heart, flower or even text.
You've got me thinking about one now. :D
I think this has been part of the reason I've not had ink done. I've browsed some tattoo places looking at what they offer but none have seemed relevant to my life.:confused:
What you've done is rather different.

That’s a nice story Kris. I haven’t told my parents or in-laws yet... Really, my parents shouldn’t have a problem (my mum, anyway); I’m the eldest of four and last to be inked. Dad and I have often been at loggerheads over the years; I got a belly-button ring when I was 24 and he made such a song-and-dance out of it, and said to my sister he hoped she wasn’t going to get one. She said she wasn’t and later on, goes and gets one. He didn’t say a word. YOU’RE WELCOME!!! 😝

You've got me thinking about one now. :D
I think this has been part of the reason I've not had ink done. I've browsed some tattoo places looking at what they offer but none have seemed relevant to my life.:confused:
What you've done is rather different.

You’re right Shad, it has to be perfect for you. If it doesn’t speak to you, then don’t do it. I have an ex sister-in-law who apparently hates most of her tats as she got them on a whim without putting any thought into them. And mine wasn’t done from a book, he did it from the actual feathers, plus a picture of the other feather tat for reference.

I’m thinking that if I add to it, or even get another one, it will lessen the impact. I like how it is; a single tat on otherwise ‘clean skin’. Of course, when I lose another of my girls I may feel differently. But as there are no rules, I don’t have to do anything that meets other people’s expectations.

That is very true. You be true to you.

Oh Bob, :hugs :hit :hugs

I am so sorry for your loss, i’m Sorry I wasn’t online yesterday to support you, I have no words to express how sad this makes me feel for you. You were such a good chicken dad to her, I’m sure she felt loved and she knew how much she meant to you, and all of us here through you and her stories and antics. Don’t beat yourself up too much over her loss (I know how it feels when we feel we should have been able to stop it, prevent it, or fix it all too well), she wouldn’t want you to. Get a trap and deal with the nasty monster that took her from you, it deserves it, and it will be back.

If your ground is too frozen and you have access to a deep freezer, you could wrap her in a towel, place her in a box, then freeze her until you can bury her properly. I know it seems kind of morbid, but it will keep her from decomposing until you can do it right for her. I’m replying right away so I’m not sure if you’ve already solved this.

Predators are awful. So much love Bob, and if you need to take a step back we will all understand. :hugs :hugs :hugs
I’m also bawling my eyes out right now.

Thanks Kris. It feels like we are all being effected right now, between your owl, the fox that attacked @RoyalChick and now me. Not to mention @Ribh and her loss. It is a tough time for all.

No sooner do I post this and @Shadrach suffers a predator loss as well. I don't have words.

Thanks Kris. It feels like we are all being effected right now, between your owl, the fox that attacked @RoyalChick and now me. Not to mention @Ribh and her loss. It is a tough time for all.

No sooner do I post this and @Shadrach suffers a predator loss as well. I don't have words.
She's going to be okay I think Bob.
I don't post many of the accident and emergencies I get here. It's a common occurrence unfortunately. Thankfully many are not fatal. However, they are all stressful which is why I'm still up at stupid o'clock in the morning. :rolleyes: :D
I'm waiting to go and check she's still hanging in there and to squeeze a bit of Metacam down her throat.

Back
Top Bottom