Final Gap Closed

I took lunch and completed the final bit of construction needed to secure all of the run at Fluffy Butt Acres. I needed to frame out the lower door to match the upper coop door.

You can see how the plywood had warped and created gaps.

View attachment 2024746

I then framed it out and moved the latches to either end. I raised the hinges and I now have room under it for the pavers as well.

View attachment 2024748View attachment 2024749

I should be able to rest better knowing that it is very hard to break into my run complex now and nearly impossible to break into the coops.
Looks good Bob! :thumbsup

No Potential Predators for a While

If you discount cats, all I've seen have been skunks and no sign of them for several nights now. I'm not sure what to do now.

I never set the weasel trap. I've not seen him come back.

I've tightened up security all I can.

Do I set the weasel trap and see?

I'm stumped. I would expect a predator to keep coming back night after night? Should I have the skunks trapped?

What does everyone think?

No Potential Predators for a While

If you discount cats, all I've seen have been skunks and no sign of them for several nights now. I'm not sure what to do now.

I never set the weasel trap. I've not seen him come back.

I've tightened up security all I can.

Do I set the weasel trap and see?

I'm stumped. I would expect a predator to keep coming back night after night? Should I have the skunks trapped?

What does everyone think?
I think you'll catch one of those cats in the trap. IMHO, it's better to secure the hens than to trap the predators. I think you have done that now. Just don't let them free range unless you are out there with them?

Rich and I were just talking about how I missed out on listening to the best music in the best way. I'm a child of the 80's with an old soul.

2nd and Charles at the Harrisburg mall has tons of old vinyl for sale. You can always fill in your collection.

I think you'll catch one of those cats in the trap. IMHO, it's better to secure the hens than to trap the predators. I think you have done that now. Just don't let them free range unless you are out there with them?

No one free ranges without me because of the hawks.

Back
Top Bottom