Another Dreary Drizzly Day at Fluffy Butt Acres
20200401_082709.jpg

Why do all My Sick or Injured Hens.....
20200401_082923.jpg

It's Autumn here now but I thought I'd share how the Chicken garden I planted last year is going. The idea is that I plant the most chook friendly/attractive plants nearest the run and the girls can help themselves to what grows through. They like the comfrey best, but have also enjoyed the nasturtiums and wormwood.

View attachment 2070712
Oh ma ga! I love this :bow

Sharing Eggs

Rather than taking extra eggs around the neighborhood as we normally do, I have asked our friends and neighbors to reach out when they were in need. That way those that need could have. We have developed quite a stock pile for us (3 dozen or so = a lot for us) We got our first request for a dozen today.

Of course, once I worm them tomorrow, egg production will essentially cease. I am going to have to put the word out that we are out of the egg business for a while.

:(

Bad timing all the way around.

Last edited:
If they are @ POL you shouldn't. I buy deliberately @ the beginning of Autumn as it means I usually get eggs throughout winter. Unfortunately one of my new layers went broody on me after only a week or so & is still going. :rolleyes: My favorelles are Xs but once they started laying they've been regular & consistent layers of a nice big brown egg. At least one is still laying.

Tegan and River’s combs aren’t as red as Nyssa’s and they’re all meant to be around the same age; about 12 months (add a month since they’ve been here). Whilst I’ve said I would keep chooks without eggs, it would be nice if they laid something once in a while!

Tegan and River’s combs aren’t as red as Nyssa’s and they’re all meant to be around the same age; about 12 months (add a month since they’ve been here). Whilst I’ve said I would keep chooks without eggs, it would be nice if they laid something once in a while!
So not POL. :( Like the rest of us you'll more likely be facing a molt & a few eggless months but I have found the favorelles more prosaic & less Prima Donnas than some of my other girls. All my Drama Queens make a song & dance out of everything whether it's molting or laying an egg. :gig

Ribh is referring to the nuno felted crochet hook roll I made for her I think. I'm more crafty than artsy. :D:p

If I ever felt a chicken I'll post it for my chicken friends to enjoy! 😁
@LozzyR : this is the crochet roll ACM made me, if you haven't seen it before.
20191202_132044.jpg

It's pretty as well as practical & has been very well used. :)
20191202_134450.jpg

Thank you, thank you *bows* 😁

I was going for a cottage gardeny feel with chook garden Shad. Scatter the seeds at the front and see what pops up. I'm hoping things will self seed in the future.
I put a self-seeding flower meadow in the front yard! It's been delightful but sometimes sparsely planted. I need to reconsider the irrigation pipe because the spray heads don't provide the right coverage.

Did you get the seeds from the diggers club?

Phyllis got Hurt Today

The middle toe on her left foot got caught in the back door today as she rushed to come in as I was closing the door. It bled badly. I tried to keep her still so it could stop bleeding but as soon as I let her back out it started bleeding again. We did watch some TV together today.
20200401_181550.jpg

She stared both cats down as well.

Back
Top Bottom