Yes I was thinking maybe it was an Opossum. I have seen them on cameras in the past and I think they can be a danger to chickens.
I am afraid I must have a (hopefully small) breach in the Palace defenses. I cannot figure out where - but both a mouse and a chipmunk have been spotted inside. I don't worry too much about either except that it implies there is a hole somewhere. I am leaving cameras on the floor to try and figure out where the hole is because close visual inspection has not revealed anything.
And to answer your question I live in a clearing in the woods so I have pretty much every critter you can imagine.
My question was a little rhetorical as you have told me before. You will see more animals the more you watch. That does not mean they can get in. I'm amazed at how calm the Princesses were. Fortunately the Palace is nearly impregnable.

They are super-cute. I love their stance - they are very 'upright' birds if you know what I mean. From pictures of Stanley I think he is the same - he 'stands tall'!
Lucky is normally more bent over like a hen. You are right, Ned stands tall like Stanley. He's all rooster. This is twice I have caught them surprised by a sound or something.

Can I Reach That Bug?

Sydney notices something in the bush above her.
20200810_071046.jpg
20200809_174534.jpg
20200809_174532.jpg

My question was a little rhetorical as you have told me before. You will see more animals the more you watch. That does not mean they can get in. I'm amazed at how calm the Princesses were. Fortunately the Palace is nearly impregnable.
Ooops - I missed that you already knew I live in predator-country!
They were indeed very calm, though a little more restless than usual. I like to think it is because they know they are safe inside the Palace. I suspect however it is because they are not as smart as would be good for them! :lau

Back
Top Bottom