In funnier news, I meant to share these photos and commentary weeks ago. Better late than never though ...
My apologies. I should have guessed that you knew better or asked.

Unfortunately, this is sort of a passion with me. I have gotten in tense discussions with surgeons that want their patients Betadined right after cleaning with Chlorhexidine. It is against all best practices but you tell a surgeon they are wrong. It is very uncomfortable but they need to learn.
Hi Bob - I had to laugh at your original post as I work in the NHS. I have previously worked in a hospital with one of the best burns and plastics units in the world, staffed by some incredible colleagues. I am picturing what it would look like for a mere mortal to dare to tell one of those demi-god surgeons about best practice!!! :he

In funnier news, I meant to share these photos and commentary weeks ago. Better late than never though ...

Hi Bob - I had to laugh at your original post as I work in the NHS. I have previously worked in a hospital with one of the best burns and plastics units in the world, staffed by some incredible colleagues. I am picturing what it would look like for a mere mortal to dare to tell one of those demi-god surgeons about best practice!!! :he
It can be a scary moment. They are very intimidating and many use colorful language. Fortunately my Navy training has made immune to that kind of crap.

Ooops - I missed that you already knew I live in predator-country!
They were indeed very calm, though a little more restless than usual. I like to think it is because they know they are safe inside the Palace. I suspect however it is because they are not as smart as would be good for them! :lau
I guess it is like the equivalent of us visiting a zoo / safari park ; we can be nose to nose through the glass with an animal that could shred us, but are chilled out or even excited about it as we're safe

On the plus side, she will sit very still for me to take photos. I love this one:

72783E3A-DB33-4BFB-B223-59FED3C11B46.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom