No, liquid! She is NOT a fan. I can give myself an injection if needed and have done so to another human and a dog. Never yet to a hen...it might be easier! Now that I've said that, I instantly regret it.
I have had to do too many liquid medicines with the hens. Sadly i have gotten very good at it. 😕

That's pretty incredible. I have heard that chickens will eat scorpions. Is that incorrect?

It seems that issues with the flock seem to all occur around the same time. I'm sorry for your loss and very happy that Fran pulled through. :hugs :hugs
They do eat them! But like the man says, sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. 😕

So I should remove the Galvanized trash can I store their food in from the Chicken fortress :eek:. I do leave the feed in the plastic bag so I think that should be okay??
I don't think anyone needs to trash everything they have that is galvenised. I just mentioned it so that anyone replacing things might bear the problem in mind.;)

Here's my photo for Fluffy butt Friday. Daisy stomping away after realizing that Nugget was not in the mood for visitors.
DSCN1627.JPG

They both are really interested in the chicks this time around, especially Drummie. I don't know if its where he's a little older but he was tidbitting like crazy yesterday trying to entice nugget and the littles over to his treats. Nugget wasn't having any of it. I know when she's ready she'll let toothless feed them, will be interesting to see if she allows Drummie the same opportunity.
DSCN1607.JPG

Angry nugget with Clover peeking out from behind.
DSCN1598.JPG

Bread learning to dust bath.
DSCN1619.JPG

Clover.

I don't think anyone needs to trash everything they have that is galvenised. I just mentioned it so that anyone replacing things might bear the problem in mind.;)
Also worth noting that galvanized coatings (zinc carbonate) is pretty insoluble in water - hence safe for waterers etc. BUT, that is less true if the water is acid. So if you use Apple Cider Vinegar in the water the zinc is more likely to dissolve a bit.

Here's my photo for Fluffy butt Friday. Daisy stomping away after realizing that Nugget was not in the mood for visitors.
View attachment 2289997
They both are really interested in the chicks this time around, especially Drummie. I don't know if its where he's a little older but he was tidbitting like crazy yesterday trying to entice nugget and the littles over to his treats. Nugget wasn't having any of it. I know when she's ready she'll let toothless feed them, will be interesting to see if she allows Drummie the same opportunity.
View attachment 2290002
Angry nugget with Clover peeking out from behind.
View attachment 2290004
Bread learning to dust bath.
View attachment 2290006
Clover.
There is nothing quite like a mother and chicks. 🥰 'sniff'

Back
Top Bottom