The vet said she had come to us with an infection throughout her reproductive tract and that it was extensive. She said there was really nothing we could have done, but even so I really felt bad letting her down that way. šŸ˜­ She was older. And I could see from the time I laid eyes on her despite a lack of training that something must be wrong. But I felt at least we could maybe make her comfortable. But we couldnā€™t.
I also lost a hen to a uterine infection earlier this year. Her name was Sandy.

I blame myself because I didn't get her a hysterectomy while she was healthy enough to recover from it. But the vet kindly blames economic pressures for forcing people to breed hens that lay fast and die young.

View attachment 2290579
[/QUOTE]
Iā€™m so very sorry! And for making it worse as I must have. šŸ™ I can tell you I was today years old when the idea of a hen hysterectomy occurred to me (thanks to you!). And as a person with no insurance, I only hope both I and my hens can have them if we need to, but who knows. I mean...itā€™s hard!

So... I just hope you know that to this strangerā€™s eyes, that photo shows all the love and care that ever could have been. And thanks for showing it, too.

The vet said she had come to us with an infection throughout her reproductive tract and that it was extensive. She said there was really nothing we could have done, but even so I really felt bad letting her down that way. šŸ˜­ She was older. And I could see from the time I laid eyes on her despite a lack of training that something must be wrong. But I felt at least we could maybe make her comfortable. But we couldnā€™t.

I blame myself because I didn't get her a hysterectomy while she was healthy enough to recover from it. But the vet kindly blames economic pressures for forcing people to breed hens that lay fast and die young.

View attachment 2290579
[/QUOTE]
It is always easy to be wise in hindsight, MJ. :hugs Sandy had a wonderful life with you. Out of all the places she could have landed she landed with you & was much loved & cared for.

View attachment 2290579
It is always easy to be wise in hindsight, MJ. :hugs Sandy had a wonderful life with you. Out of all the places she could have landed she landed with you & was much loved & cared for.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks Ribh. I tried my best but I didn't have enough knowledge.

View attachment 2290579
Iā€™m so very sorry! And for making it worse as I must have. šŸ™ I can tell you I was today years old when the idea of a hen hysterectomy occurred to me (thanks to you!). And as a person with no insurance, I only hope both I and my hens can have them if we need to, but who knows. I mean...itā€™s hard!

So... I just hope you know that to this strangerā€™s eyes, that photo shows all the love and care that ever could have been. And thanks for showing it, too.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you that's very kind. She was very loved and in her last weeks she enjoyed chasing the new girls around.

View attachment 2290579

[/QUOTE]
I knew her byc friends would like to see her again.

Hey yall! Looky what I started today! ā¤ Riding lessons :celebrate
A04AAEBB-8F8B-45EA-8A9E-543B64B4DBB2.jpeg
91A6EC9B-18C5-45A3-A22B-364608ED39BD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom