Yeah, that's one of the weirder things I've seen ~ though just paying the mouthpiece is weird enough. I was once privileged to have a long discussion with William Barton[ the Australian Digeridoo player] on the similarities of bagpipes & the digeridoo as both use circular breathing ~in the nose, out the mouth, not in & out separately. He can play the bagpipes because he uses the same breathing technique to play a digeridoo. And as a peculiar aside, did you know digeridoos are keyed? That sounds weird. The length determines which key they are tuned to. That's so they can now play with orchestras.
I knew absolutely none of this. That is really wonderful. Thanks for dropping that knowledge (and the name dropping). How did you happened to have this discussion with William Barton?

I knew absolutely none of this. That is really wonderful. Thanks for dropping that knowledge (and the name dropping). How did you happened to have this discussion with William Barton?
He was workshopping with the childs choir & as I uzually sat in on rehearsals (I was very privileged) I got to ask some interesting questions.

Sorry about the name dropping but I thought it highly unlikey anyone would even have heard of him.

You ever have one of those days.........

........ when everything you touch just falls to the ground?
20200919_070343.jpg

Sorry about the name dropping but I thought it highly unlikey anyone would even have heard of him.
Oh I'm glad you name dropped! I had no idea but it started a whole Google stream for me. I love it. Please don't feel like I was put off by it.

He was workshopping with the childs choir & as I uzually sat in on rehearsals (I was very privileged) I got to ask some interesting questions.
That is so cool. I'm glad that you took good advantage of it. Many people would not and now I have learned from it as well! Thanks!

You are certainly a Renaissance man Shad.

With all those different methods of communication under consideration, I'm sure you won't be out of contact with us for long. I expect you will be whipping those pigeons into shape in no time. I will start looking for mine next week.... 🕊
I had to look up what being a Renaissance man meant.:oops:
I'm not that old, honestly!
In my case I think it's more "needs must as the devil drives".

Back
Top Bottom