I know there are brown Leghorns as well...
Oooh, and they're so, so pretty. This was my Margo.

B6FF4C48-63AC-4A82-B06C-A87E41E61AA4.jpeg

065F0F89-C7FA-4E5F-8094-5DC80C381C5F.jpeg

I got a call back from the vet who wants me to bring Maggie in to see him. I adopted Maggie from a school project when she was not fully grown, so I have not faced the issue of taking her on a road trip before!
Any advice? I have a cat carrier which might be calming as it is covered over and so dark inside and enclosed, but she wouldn't be able to stand up tall in it (she is a big gal!) and I can't figure how to put a roost in it so she might be sliding around on the floor (it isn't huge so maybe that is OK).
I have a dog crate which is more for if I need to isolate someone so it is huge - all 3 of them slept several nights in the garage inside that when it got really cold and before the Chicken Palace was built. I built a roost to fit in that but it is way too big to lift and carry into the car and into the vet's office.
The appointment is on Wednesday and I have work so I don't think I have time to build anything for her. Maybe I can figure out a roost in the cat carrier somehow, or maybe that doesn't matter.
I know several of you here have taken your chickens to the vet so any advice most welcome!
I’m so glad Maggie gets to see a vet. I use a small dog carrier that I have left from when I had two cats. (They went to their check ups together in it). Bird can stand or sit. I put a folded up towel on the bottom to deal with the slipping. It works great and gas been used for lots of avian vet visits.

Last edited:
I did cross the line (to your side of the road, let's not say correct or incorrect😉) in one of the videos around a surprise corner. It was the perfect day for it. I reminded Mrs BY Bob that's why I spend so much time working on that car. For days like yesterday.
For a second I thought you might be “driving the line!” 😊

Back
Top Bottom