More on the Rally Race Yesterday

First let me say I am surprisingly sore this morning. That was a lot of shifting and muscling the car around.

This was a road rally with the course set by, somewhat cryptic at times, written directions. No GPS allowed. For example go 3.7 miles, turn left, go 5.8 miles, turn right at the firehouse. My navigator led me astray twice. We had to backtrack twice adding an extra 15 miles to the 45 mile course. Despite this I passed three competitors at various times and we did not finish last although just finishing was a huge victory for us.

It was a timed rally with a staggered start. It was open to anyone but we went as an alpha club. So I was competing with these cars

View attachment 2342592

And these cars (and there were several of them)
View attachment 2342593

Here is the car and my navigator post check-in, in race trim.

View attachment 2342596

After a successful race, the team deserves a good meal. I treated Mrs BY Bob to a fancy meal and a glass of wine outside.

View attachment 2342597

I think that you will find this kind of cool. I mounted my phone on the windshield and recorded a portion of the race. You can ride along as I wind my way through two sections of the course.

It was quite late when we finally got back home but her she is back in the driveway a long hard day behind her.
View attachment 2342600

It was so much fun to get out and away from the house like this. A good time was had by all.
Any old E-Type Jags?

Hi friends,
Tonight is the babies’ first night sleeping outside. Sniff, sniff! It’s also the night I discovered our whole yard is infested with rats. Disgusting!
Lots less rats here this year. I trapped two of the females, one of which lived next door in the next hole in the wall.
Not leaving feed out and sweeping up any the chickens kick out helped a lot.

It was beautiful country. It will be even prettier in a few weeks when the leaves get going. The Alfa Club has a fall winery drive coming up next month that should be during peak leaf season. I am really looking forward to that now. If the weather is nice that car will be perfect for it.
I love autumn here. We usually get lots of sun but the temeratures are between 20C and 25C which is right in my comfort zone.

Back
Top Bottom