Edwina is outside free ranging with the rest of the flock and she did this weird run-waddle across the grass. I was concerned that she had a problem....until I realized.

The grass needs mowing. 🙄

Bonus gratuitous Tsuki Pictures for ByBob.

Heading for bed
View attachment 2350044

Tsuki seems to be growing her spurs too. What is this new fad among hens?
View attachment 2350045

Tsuki's favourite perch
View attachment 2350046
Is the crested lavender girl a British Araucana?

***WARNING - GRAPHIC EYE PHOTOS***

I am utterly amazed at the human body’s ability to heal. I’m posting two photos, roughly 24 hours apart. The first photo was several hours after the injury. Seeing the danage is what prompted me to put the chickens in and seek medical advice/care. The second photo was just raken. I think there’s huge improvement! The abrasion has largely filled in already. Amazing!

Here come the photos. Stop viewing this post if you are eye squeamish.

View attachment 2350943

View attachment 2350944
OUCH!!!!
But that really does look a lot better. Mind you it might just be swelling filling in the divot. You really must wear safety glasses when you are wielding power tools and the like. A finger or a toe you could perhaps spare, but you only have two eyes, so look after them!
Get well soon!

I wish I was warned of the general life span of my NHR's (I fell in love, and now, they are gone)
Sorry, @featherhead007. It’s so painful losing them. I think about my role in all of this, but also realize I am raising awareness. And though I have lost some, I have also avoided “torture eggs” for quite some time now, including so many, many products you might not know has eggs as an ingredient.

OUCH!!!!
But that really does look a lot better. Mind you it might just be swelling filling in the divot. You really must wear safety glasses when you are wielding power tools and the like. A finger or a toe you could perhaps spare, but you only have two eyes, so look after them!
Get well soon!
I know. You are so right. My sixteen year is basically asking, “Mom, what were you THINKING???”

Photos don’t really do it justice, and I’m not sure I’m up for more work today. I did take my loppers and cut up some of the brush, but my arms are just too tired to lift them anymore this weekend. The area I cleaned up was maybe 60 feet (20 yards-ish) by about 8 feet deep. I got it down to these piles:

7749725D-CBF7-4C65-A89F-2F012829E0B6.jpeg

C7FFC964-F0BA-43CF-B64D-70987770B0C0.jpeg

Here’s what’s left of the little brush:
3BB8382B-B1FC-419F-BE48-CE73D4883779.jpeg

It’s maybe a 15-foot diameter pile. Pictures don’t do it justice, but I kicked booty this weekend.

Attachments

• C944883F-630E-489A-832B-874373789A1C.jpeg
    C944883F-630E-489A-832B-874373789A1C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I know. You are so right. My sixteen year is basically asking, “Mom, what were you THINKING???”
I am of an age where agreeing with a sixteen year old is an unusual event. But indeed, so right, what were you thinking????
Just teasing - I am not good at practicing what I preach - hope it heals up fast.

Photos don’t really do it justice, and I’m not sure I’m up for more work today. I did take my loppers amd cut up some of the brush, but my arms are just too tired to lift them anymore this weekend. The area I cleaned up was maybe 60 feet (20 yards-ish) by about 8 feet deep. I got it down to these piles:

View attachment 2350967

View attachment 2350971

Here’s what’s oft of the little brush:
View attachment 2350976

It’s maybe a 15-foot diameter pile. Pictures don’t do it jystice, but I kicked booty this weekend..
You go girl! That is quite something. Now you can do what I have always wanted to do and rent a chipper. I am sure that is very satisfying and you can create nice woodchips for your chicken friends.

I am of an age where agreeing with a sixteen year old is an unusual event. But indeed, so right, what were you thinking????
Just teasing - I am not good at practicing what I preach - hope it heals up fast.
Thanks. I know... super stupid situation I created. I think I’m healing well. Despite the fact that I don’t treat myself as well as I should, I am an excellent healer. Feeling grateful for that!

You go girl! That is quite something. Now you can do what I have always wanted to do and rent a chipper. I am sure that is very satisfying and you can create nice woodchips for your chicken friends.
Love this comment! I was asking DH what renting a chipper entails. His answer? “Oh, Hon. Those are super dangerous.”
But I still want to rent one. LOL.

edited to add: when I asked what it entails, I simply meant do we need a hitch and trailer or can we bring it home in the back of an SUV.

Back
Top Bottom