Decorating the House

it started with Lilly and Patsy's school picture and then Lilly's picture with Santa went up. This past week we went all in. The kitchen wall is fully decorated with our special friends. My children are now afraid the we will take down their baby pictures and replace them with our new favorites! šŸ˜†

View attachment 2350107
Love it! :love. Looks like your kids are right to worry. šŸ¤£

(I'd watch out for that Santa this year. He is looking rather possessive!)

As a thank you offering for all the research you and @BY Bob have been doing into Legbars, I offer up some pictures of the young ladies.
Minnie looking quite grown-up with her red comb and blue ear tufts, Dotty looking a tad deranged and trying to put her fluffy butt in order. And both of them settling down to watch for bugs. Dotty has always been bigger and more developed but Minnie is definitely ahead in terms of comb and wattle development. I looked up pictures of Cream Legbars and they both have the pink chest that suggests they are both pullets in spite of Minnieā€™s precociousness.

View attachment 2350593View attachment 2350594View attachment 2350595View attachment 2350596
1601279404671.png

Hey! Give a girl some privacy would you??? :lau :lau :lau

They are looking beautiful RC.

***WARNING - GRAPHIC EYE PHOTOS***

I am utterly amazed at the human bodyā€™s ability to heal. Iā€™m posting two photos, roughly 24 hours apart. The first photo was several hours after the injury. Seeing the damage is what prompted me to put the chickens in and seek medical advice/care. The second photo was just taken. I think thereā€™s huge improvement! The abrasion has largely filled in already. Amazing!

Here come the photos. Stop viewing this post if you are eye squeamish.

View attachment 2350943

View attachment 2350944
Look at all those blood vessels working overtime to supply the necessaries for repair!
(I've been watching an anime called "Cells at Work" which anthropomorphizes the body's cells ā˜ŗ )

Is it very sore micstrachan?

@micstrachan I find my white chickens incredibly difficult to photo but here we go:

This is Beatha, splash Aracauna.
She has a small beard & tiny muffs. Her crest really never developed.
Rose comb, some feathering on her legs.
View attachment 2350863
Mhari.
No beard, no muffs but she does have quite a distinct crest that isn't really showing in this picture.
As you can see, both girls have tails.
View attachment 2350865
They are gorgeous Ribh.
Mhari looks like she is doing a fan dance in her photo! šŸ˜ Stunning!

Photos donā€™t really do it justice, and Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m up for more work today. I did take my loppers and cut up some of the brush, but my arms are just too tired to lift them anymore this weekend. The area I cleaned up was maybe 60 feet (20 yards-ish) by about 8 feet deep. I got it down to these piles:

View attachment 2350967

View attachment 2350971

Hereā€™s whatā€™s left of the little brush:
View attachment 2350976

Itā€™s maybe a 15-foot diameter pile. Pictures donā€™t do it justice, but I kicked booty this weekend.
Revenge for your injury! :yesss:
Well done you! :highfive:

Love this comment! I was asking DH what renting a chipper entails. His answer? ā€œOh, Hon. Those are super dangerous.ā€
But I still want to rent one. LOL.

edited to add: when I asked what it entails, I simply meant do we need a hitch and trailer or can we bring it home in the back of an SUV.
Yes, definitely need goggles for those.

There is a scene in "Tucker and Dale vs Evil" where someone meets their demise in one. It is a send up of horror flicks. Brilliant movie, but not for the squeamish.

Back
Top Bottom