OH boy, Jaffar is at it again. His sneezing is back and breathing is scratchy tonight. He was fine all day long, but now I'm starting another Baytril regiment. (Poor little guy has had it rough)
But we are not done with each other quite yet!:love:fl
Alex, could he be allergic to something in the coop? I was having a few issues when all our gums were flowering. The man & I had sinus & several of the girls were sneezy. One seemed particularly bad but now we don't have so much pollen everyone seems back to normal.

Yesterday was ridiculously stressful... 3-4am wake up, next to no sleep, and I didn’t get finished unloading at the trailer until midnight! But I have a plan of attack for my toilet involving disposable chopsticks for the flush, a new pair of gloves for doing the work, and I hope to tackle it today. I have lost my purse with the back-up buy a new toilet on amazon pre-paid CC. Which is a little scary, but I know it is on the farm at least.

The most stressful part of coming home on the late boat was having my Mother and the kiddo here closing up the chickens. First I got the call that there was a big white chicken in with Sammy they didn’t think belonged there, I said there should be two white ones and Tailess, plus all the little black Red Rock Pullets, don’t bother trying to count those, I trust Sammy to put his girls all up. Well they had dropped the tractor down early and Locked poor Two Dot out. Maybe she went up with Dean and Cass? No Way, the younger 5 of that flock are still not fully integrated when it comes to Roosting, thanks to my Bully girl and one of the Black Sapphire Marans girls being a “little domineering”. Younger little Two Dot, who isn’t a part of the flock in there? I would be able to hear that commotion over the phone for sure.

I got home at 11:15, spent 15 minutes or so unloading BIL’s car of my groceries etc. then it was off to re-close all the chickens and look for the missing one. I did a quick sweep of the yard as I went and checked everyone. Looking at all the likely roosting places she may have settled in. I found her in the second to last tractor I checked... tucked in with Roostie and his girls! How they missed her I don’t know. I was pretty specific Roostie and 8 big brown meat girls... umm tiny white TwoDot stuck out like a beacon! I don’t think they even tried to count or checked them like I asked, just closed up the ramp...

Everyone made it through safe and sound, but I can say it’s going to be a long time before I trust my Mom to do that again... Meat birds were “beautiful, clean, and exceptionally well mannered” at the plant. I may have a line on someone who wants to go in together on some Chicken and hatching egg orders next year. And a breeder that has lavender Orpingtons....
Sounds stressful, Kris. Are you ever allowed a break? A nice bath, or even a nap?

How strange. I've left the human door open on coops before and forgotton about it. I would of course notice when I went to shut them in for the night but a few times, usually the most junior gets sent out to get bucket boy it seems.
I left Tribe 2's main door open last week just to let air through. It had rained a fair bit and they had gone in damp and that tends to make the coops a bit smally.
I was preparing everyones supper and Tack shows up on her own. She's normally up the tree and what's more, she braved the wrath of Knock who hangs around with Notch, Donk and Myth waiting for supper.
I thought it was odd and went to check that the rest were okay. They were all up the tree but it was apparent from the disturbed straw in the nest boxes that some had been in earleir.
Yikes! Glad the treed themselves!

Yesterday was ridiculously stressful... 3-4am wake up, next to no sleep, and I didn’t get finished unloading at the trailer until midnight! But I have a plan of attack for my toilet involving disposable chopsticks for the flush, a new pair of gloves for doing the work, and I hope to tackle it today. I have lost my purse with the back-up buy a new toilet on amazon pre-paid CC. Which is a little scary, but I know it is on the farm at least.

The most stressful part of coming home on the late boat was having my Mother and the kiddo here closing up the chickens. First I got the call that there was a big white chicken in with Sammy they didn’t think belonged there, I said there should be two white ones and Tailess, plus all the little black Red Rock Pullets, don’t bother trying to count those, I trust Sammy to put his girls all up. Well they had dropped the tractor down early and Locked poor Two Dot out. Maybe she went up with Dean and Cass? No Way, the younger 5 of that flock are still not fully integrated when it comes to Roosting, thanks to my Bully girl and one of the Black Sapphire Marans girls being a “little domineering”. Younger little Two Dot, who isn’t a part of the flock in there? I would be able to hear that commotion over the phone for sure.

I got home at 11:15, spent 15 minutes or so unloading BIL’s car of my groceries etc. then it was off to re-close all the chickens and look for the missing one. I did a quick sweep of the yard as I went and checked everyone. Looking at all the likely roosting places she may have settled in. I found her in the second to last tractor I checked... tucked in with Roostie and his girls! How they missed her I don’t know. I was pretty specific Roostie and 8 big brown meat girls... umm tiny white TwoDot stuck out like a beacon! I don’t think they even tried to count or checked them like I asked, just closed up the ramp...

Everyone made it through safe and sound, but I can say it’s going to be a long time before I trust my Mom to do that again... Meat birds were “beautiful, clean, and exceptionally well mannered” at the plant. I may have a line on someone who wants to go in together on some Chicken and hatching egg orders next year. And a breeder that has lavender Orpingtons....
I will be so pleased when you finally move into your own house. I can cope with most things but no proper loo is a complete bummer! :( Been there, done that...

And I hate leaving anyone else in charge of my girls. They like chatting to me when I close up for the night.

Alex, could he be allergic to something in the coop? I was having a few issues when all our gums were flowering. The man & I had sinus & several of the girls were sneezy. One seemed particularly bad but now we don't have so much pollen everyone seems back to normal.
I don't know! :confused: There is a lot of dust in my area, and farmers do spray their crops near me (Which bothers my sinuses too) I just don't know???:barnie

Pray for my pet, please 46098E74-CA8E-4BE5-938B-5C220E4E7F43.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom