I accidentally posted this in RC’s thread, but meant to post it here. :lau

Minnie Surprised Me!

So I’m in the run with the chickens and they typically like to get on my lap. However, a couple have poopy feet. So I brought out a package of baby wipes and I was gonna wipe off the foot of Bridge’s and a foot of Dorothy’s. Well, Bridge is molting, resisted and I was squawking a little bit trying to pull her foot away. Amazingly, Minnie, who is a low ranked hen, came to Bridge’s rescue and was trying to tell me off. So cute! I’m so proud of her!

I’m an idiot; it was Ribh’s thread.

Last edited:
He’s going to be even more beautiful! So I said you and the flock must be pleased, but in reality, the flock looks like “What is THIS?!?!” :lau

I had just sprinkled the cracked corn/wheat/rye mix in the leaves for them. I buy all my grain from a local farmer and mix it up at home. It's 20 degrees colder and rainy today so they got a little extra for warmth.

The treat window is a success!!!!

20201025_130652.jpg

The orange fence is attached to the house. I opened the living room window and crumbled a few crackers up, every one came running!!

My dryer vent is right there too, so in the winter the chickens will have warm freshly seated air blowing.

The treat window is a success!!!!

View attachment 2386750

The orange fence is attached to the house. I opened the living room window and crumbled a few crackers up, every one came running!!

My dryer vent is right there too, so in the winter the chickens will have warm freshly seated air blowing.
Love it! Need to be careful they don't get too damp with the dryer vent - I imagine the air is pretty wet coming out of there.

I accidentally posted this in RC’s thread, but meant to post it here. :lau

Minnie Surprised Me!

So I’m in the run with the chickens and they typically like to get on my lap. However, a couple have poopy feet. So I brought out a package of baby wipes and I was gonna wipe off the foot of Bridge’s and a foot of Dorothy’s. Well, Bridge is molting, resisted and I was squawking a little bit trying to pull her foot away. Amazingly, Minnie, who is a low ranked hen, came to Bridge’s rescue and was trying to tell me off. So cute! I’m so proud of her!
I thought you posted this in @Ribh's thread...:D

No, I think I've only seen one egg from her in the last six months. :( She seems fine in every other way though.

Its wet and cold here today. When I went to lock the girls up tonight there were the four of them all huddled up on the front perch together. Tsuki usually prefers the back perch, but the back perch was empty!

She had settled herself in her old coop. I told her it was too cold to roost by herself and tucked her under my arm. In she went with the others. When I left she was sulking on the coop floor. I hope she doesn't stay there and get pooped on by everyone! :sick

I think you and I might be sharing the same weather pattern! 🥶

I’m hoping that means Tsuki has retired from laying and will avoid reproductive issues! :fl

Update : Took Canna back to the coop and Beetov-Hen went after her in a rage of jealousy!
I stayed in with them all, until she calmed down. (Tonight maybe it will be Beetov-Hens turn to be in with me) I gotta be fair after all!
That would seem prudent. Clearly she needs some alone time with you.

Back
Top Bottom