I'm sure nobody would mind if you just post and read what you can. I try and cover 4 threads and that's about my limit.
I would like to follow Kris's thread for example but I just couldn't contribute on a regular basis. Then of course there is how much time one wishes to spend in front of the computer. At the moment I have a bit more time than usual because I'm not doing much woodwork because I've got carpel tunnel syndrome back in my left hand. Going to get it fixed next month and if it's anything like last time I'll be good for another few years. I'm still doing a bit of woodwork but taking it very slow; probably good for me.:D
Don’t worry, you’re not missing much over on my thread... I’ve been posting more over here lately anyway, easier for the chatting!

I hope your carpel tunnel get fixed up soon and that you have an easy recovery. It’s nasty business, it was quite common in my line of work.
Read & like a lot but rarely comment, as I can really only manage 2~3 threads & my own, is my rule but I think you would love @Kris5902 's thread. She is the only one of us with a set up similar to yours in many ways plus the complication of not having total control over the farm policies.
But Shad already had his own Family/Farming Drama to deal with! He probably isn’t needing to add any more ;) if my situation and his are as similar as I think they are I can understand just wanting to spend time looking at happy pampered flocks and getting a little break from all the messiness

My old boss is currently camping in a trailer in UT with his wife and 3 small children. He is from Alabama. It is snowing and 17°F (-8°C). The water pipes in the camper have frozen. I don't think he is as handy as you for sure. I have started to call their trip a "Donner Party" Vacation.
That doesn’t sound at all like a vacation IMO! Either drive south or hole up in a nice warm cabin or house... I still have about 2 hours of daylight left before I start the nighttime rounds... I’ve been making sure everyone has a roosting buddy, no exceptions. It’s still pretty cold, but at least it’s above freezing

The Little Princesses
I think Minnie is higher up the ladder and Dotty is below her. I think. As they grow up they are getting harder to tell apart. Only tiny differences in appearance. They have different characters. Minnie is more outgoing to people and will still jump on my back if I bend over to grab something from the floor. Dotty is bolder with the chickens and I think inclined to be bossy. But I love them both.
View attachment 2388481
They are adorable!
Is Minnie a rooster 🤔

I don’t believe so and I will need to rehome if that is the case. Both are quite assertive in their own way. No eggs yet, but in theory you can tell gender at birth of this type of chicken.
Oooohhh okay... what do I know :confused:.... I was guessing... she looks a little like she could be.... maybe it’s just the pic.

The Little Princesses
I think Minnie is higher up the ladder and Dotty is below her. I think. As they grow up they are getting harder to tell apart. Only tiny differences in appearance. They have different characters. Minnie is more outgoing to people and will still jump on my back if I bend over to grab something from the floor. Dotty is bolder with the chickens and I think inclined to be bossy. But I love them both.
View attachment 2388481
They are so beautiful. They have grown up so nice. They are the coolest looking girls. 🥰

I agree on the pity is the owners go unpunished. Here they can be fined but it comes down to the worth of the animal. A breeding ewe or Ram, cow or bull is worth more than a lamb or yearling cow. But when there’s an emotional attachment there, I understand all too well how much worse it is. :hugs Especially as dogs don’t kill cleanly either.:mad: I have finally got my cat to be efficient at mousing. If he tries to play with a live mouse it gets taken away. He has learned to dispatch them right away.
That is a trick with the cat. They love to play with their food. If I sent you Davis could you teach him to kill mice instead of befriending them?

That is a trick with the cat. They love to play with their food. If I sent you Davis could you teach him to kill mice instead of befriending them?

Just bring him up here! Scooby caught a mouse in the living room the other week. Nothing left come morning.

However, I noticed his breath smelled very bad all of a sudden. I managed to open his mouth and his has a sore or cut on his gum or a broken tooth. He's not eating on that side and he's drinking the dogs room temp water instead of the cooled kitty water.

He has an appointment tomorrow evening with the vet. I realty hope it's nothing serious.
20201017_211107.jpg

Sleeping Scooby picture, just because!😻

That doesn’t sound at all like a vacation IMO! Either drive south or hole up in a nice warm cabin or house... I still have about 2 hours of daylight left before I start the nighttime rounds... I’ve been making sure everyone has a roosting buddy, no exceptions. It’s still pretty cold, but at least it’s above freezing
It is a 4 week saga, not a vacation. But he thought it would be good family bonding trip. Well I imagine they now have some stories to tell if nothing else.
As I like to say, a life well lived is full of stories to share.

Back
Top Bottom