My only concerns would be the chipping, toxicity, and the “ooooh, shiny... different (MUST peck it!)” reaction. They will try to eat anything it seems, especially if a feather-brained rooster looking to “get some” says it’s tasty (Sammy, Dean, Cass... you know I’m talking about you right?)
Ahhh that makes a lot of sense.

Men collect chickens too!
Yes indeed! I was thinking about this more, and recall that I've only seen, in movies anyway, men keeping rooftop doves, pigeons & quails. I know two male neighbors on this mountain who kept doves/pigeons in coops at one point. What's up with that? Just sampling noise?

But it's more mixed with chickens ime - the neighbors here that keep them - and there are plenty - are very mixed in that regard.

Anytime here are the snap bands I was using. Helpful cat toes for size reference I don’t know where my Aussie coin ended up, so I also used a euro:
View attachment 2427542View attachment 2427543
Too big for my layer girls, and they go from too big to way too tight on my meat girls legs very quickly... When I say they have thick legs, I really mean it! Also the width and rigidity of the plastic, which gets worse as they age, makes them too hard to safely cut and just awful to take off. The other ones I ordered would hardly fit on a pigeon leg! You will quickly begin to notice the differences between each girl... I can tell purple, yellow one and yellow two apart easily now. the farm store in town had some nicer looking ones but they were expensive so I went to Amazon. I rarely use them, but I also have between 80-160 birds here at a time, and with large groups of very similar looking ones, they are useful for me from time to time.
Kitty toes! :love But not a standard size I'm afraid...
Yup now I'm afraid of the snap-ons. But it makes sense to me that having some way to differentiate would actually speed up noticing & remembering how they are different. Knowing it's the same bird doing X or Y. Because of how my brain works, I can more easily remember something I see if I can place it in a context...plus I'm getting old....er...

I can't think why it wouldn't work.
Polish? Here's one BLUALONE.JPG

Back
Top Bottom