I don’t recall the cover art. The first three and Harper Hall were all the really old Book Club editions (Where you get a membership and then get super cheap omnibus editions, but have to buy X number of books every month) but everything after that was purchased as it was released in Hardback. We also have the Ireta Adventure book club edition omnibus, she lost the dust jacket, but thankfully didn’t donate that one (it’s almost impossible to find here now). Another Favorite is the Gandalara Cycle by Randall Garret and Vicki Anne Heydron. That was recently replaced in paperback because it was falling to bits (literally) I am quite thankful for online book ordering!
Because I read so much when flying in airplanes, my family got me the first eReader from Sony. It died a few years back and they got me a new waterproof one for Christmas. I say this because for me to buy an actual book these days it has to be something special.

I still have shelves full of books, mostly paperback.

I went to the shelves to find my Pern books and I came across this book instead.

https://www.amazon.com/Epidemiology...cience+by+donald+austin&qid=1606604291&sr=8-1

It is very short, 65 pages. If you want to understand more about what the health department or other scientific indicia are saying, this is an excellent prime on epidemiology. Here is the intro. It should be an easy read for all.
20201128_175347.jpg

I think I may have messed up by leaning my Pern books to my eldest. I have since learned not to do that. :barnie

Last edited:
Should have had the pictures!

Purple and her (belated FBF) contribution View attachment 2428857
Zip Tie’s pretty leg and our ‘honorary’ meat bird Tailless! She insists that she belongs in there with her really, really big sisters...View attachment 2428860View attachment 2428862
And why I needed to band the ladies at first, because they were free ranging and would occasionally mix in with the 54 other meat birds that were the same size...
View attachment 2428866From the top left we have Big Girl, Yellow Two, Roostie, Boss Girl (dirty bum) Purple, Chubby, Yellow One, and Partridge. Zip Tie is out of frame already.
Wonderful looking ladies Kris. It's great to meet them all again. 🥰

A paint ball gun could kill a hawk...the ones my boys have are extremely powerful...it would be effective!
Many hawks are protected in the United States. For example out red tail hawks, unlike when I was a young lad, you may not kill one.

I like the looks of this one...I believe it's important to go in fully loaded...:gig Seriously I might have to get one of these!!! One year, I put small nerf guns in my Adult ""Children's"" Christmas stockings...as my daughter put it..."all out war broke out...may there be peace on earth""...:gig! I might buy one of these and wrap it for myself then get back at the boys for all of the missiles they shot at their unarmed mother! :lau

View attachment 2428999
🤣 be careful because it smarts if you get hit with one of these. I'll post a video. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom