Make something? Sounds intriguing. Will you be taking progress photos to share with us? 🙏

The only effort I put in to my "breakfast bar" was to drag it into the run and flip it over so most of it was off the ground. The chooks have put more effort in by "sculpting" it with their pecking. It is a slightly different shape now to what it was two years ago.
I really need something for their treat/supper. Now, they eat it off the ground but because I feed them close to the coop, the ground in that area gets pooped on a lot. This isn''t good for discouraging worms.

I really need something for their treat/supper. Now, they eat it off the ground but because I feed them close to the coop, the ground in that area gets pooped on a lot. This isn''t good for discouraging worms.
I would warn you Shad, I had the same thought but they jump up on the breakfast bar and poop on their dining table anyway. I think it is less than on the ground but not exactly clean. Only the hanging feeder is clean and they definitely prefer the breakfast bar!

Fudge's crop was empty again this morning and she tried to avoid me this morning when I went to take her off the roost bar. She must be feeling better.:D
Two others in Tribe 1 do have worms I suspect so I'll be worming them all this week.
Two more days of Flubenvet and coccivex for Fudge and her treatment is finished. I will probably continue the crop massage and yogurt for a few more days after.
Between Fudge and Mel I've had less time to keep up with the others.
I got hold of Cillin this afternoon. He's so good. He came all the way up the South bank when I called for him.:love
The Stckholm Hoof Tar has as usual done a good job on sealing his broken spur. It now needs reshaping. I took the ragged bits off when I intitially treated him but he now has a flat end.
Locks legs have improved and I got around to giving her legs a coat of coconut oil this evening. This is something I would like to do daily for all the chickens that are prone to Scaly Leg Mite. It's a big undertaking though. Just sorting Fudge out takes at least an hour each morning.
Tap has decided she's beinng left out of the moulting club and decided she would have a go. It's far too late in the year and she's been looking a bit cold and wretched.
Notch as cut his leg high up on his hock and left a worring trail of blood leading into the bamboo which I discovered.:thIt's not serious but it needed attending to.

A while ago I put up a stocknet fence attatched to the post and rail fence at the back of the vegetable garden. There was a chicken wire fence attatched before that. No it didn't keep the chickens out but it did keep most of everything else out. The stocknet was a further improvement being a lot stronger.
Over the weekend those in the main house deceided to take the stocknet down. Apparently it didn't look very nice.
Last night the wild boar got into the vegetable garden and tore the place apart. What they didn't dig up, they flattened.
I smiled and walked away. Some people just do not learn. No, I won't be repairing the fence.

I would warn you Shad, I had the same thought but they jump up on the breakfast bar and poop on their dining table anyway. I think it is less than on the ground but not exactly clean. Only the hanging feeder is clean and they definitely prefer the breakfast bar!
I was thinking of something a little less rustic that I could scrape.

Fudge this evening at supper time. Fudge is on the left.
PC010213.JPG

If Pearl doesn't get the box she wants...and yes she wants it all to herself...she will just go out and lay it on the ground...because that's better than the remaining boxes? :confused::gig

I do occasionally find an egg out in the open. Nyssa dropped hers on the grass the other day, then proceeded to eat it.

Back
Top Bottom