Well, I may have lost one of my last rescues yesterday. I was short one lady at bedtime, which delayed me by about an hour looking for her. There is also the possibility that she has gone and set herself up on a nest somewhere, or just decided to roost somewhere else last night. (I have had birds go missing for a few days and then turn up again) and there were no obvious signs of an attack anywhere. Although yesterday was a busy day for alarm calls, so I won’t rule out the possibility. I may have missed something while inside doing the dishes, as the generator drowns out most other noises, and with the weather I have to run it if the pump will be on for any length of time.

E
Welcome. Do you have any chickens? It's not necessary that you do. You are more than welcome to participate either way.

By the way, the goat actually belongs to @Kris5902 but she has been adopted by all of us in a virtual way. :gig
Especially by Mrs ByBob!

Well, I may have lost one of my last rescues yesterday. I was short one lady at bedtime, which delayed me by about an hour looking for her. There is also the possibility that she has gone and set herself up on a nest somewhere, or just decided to roost somewhere else last night. (I have had birds go missing for a few days and then turn up again) and there were no obvious signs of an attack anywhere. Although yesterday was a busy day for alarm calls, so I won’t rule out the possibility. I may have missed something while inside doing the dishes, as the generator drowns out most other noises, and with the weather I have to run it if the pump will be on for any length of time.
Hoping she turns up :fl

You are showing great progress. I assume you are enjoying yourself. 2020 was a lot of posts.
I am definitely enjoying the read through.
No one else I know has chickens so I feel I am learning so much. Reading about the many different ways people keep their chickens gives a great wealth and breadth of knowledge to draw on.
The whole broody thing has me a bit worried though haha. If (when) it happens with Belle or Snow at least I have a good crew here to get advice from 😁

Well here's hoping she is just off somewhere and will show up tomorrow.

I am definitely enjoying the read through.
No one else I know has chickens so I feel I am learning so much. Reading about the many different ways people keep their chickens gives a great wealth and breadth of knowledge to draw on.
The whole broody thing has me a bit worried though haha. If (when) it happens with Belle or Snow at least I have a good crew here to get advice from 😁
That you do. They got me through it.

Has anyone here had a pullet/hen that pecks at their water instead of doing the normal, graceful drinking motion?
Belle does it, she’s drinking enough but it’s just really strange 🤔
Mary goes one further and plays with the water every afternoon. It's her hobby :gig

Back
Top Bottom