Actually I feel completely rejected and a bit upset about that. And I don't know what changed. Diana will occasionally manage a half-hearted squat like she knows it makes me feel good. But none of the others do any more and the little road-runners never did.
I am also a bit anxious about how I would pick them up if I had to - when they squatted it was easy and it was only ever Maggie who would ignore me if she had her mind set on going for a walk. Now I worry about how I would grab one in a hurry if I had to.

You might have to corner them. Last week, Tegan decided she wasn’t going into the run for breakfast when I had to work. I had to herd her up to the side gate and grab her in a corner!

You might have to corner them. Last week, Tegan decided she wasn’t going into the run for breakfast when I had to work. I had to herd her up to the side gate and grab her in a corner!
If it weren't possible to wait until they're asleep, herding or enticing into a very small space would be my approach.

Actually I feel completely rejected and a bit upset about that. And I don't know what changed. Diana will occasionally manage a half-hearted squat like she knows it makes me feel good. But none of the others do any more and the little road-runners never did.
I am also a bit anxious about how I would pick them up if I had to - when they squatted it was easy and it was only ever Maggie who would ignore me if she had her mind set on going for a walk. Now I worry about how I would grab one in a hurry if I had to.
Grab them at night off of the roost. Easiest way. Otherwise I have to bribe them to get close enough.

Sucker Peck

The following is super disturbing. I need to stop watching roosting. Do not watch unless you want to see quite possibly the meanest nastiest thing I have seen a chicken do to another chicken.

I really believe it was so she could sleep there tonight. Hattie didn't even want to be near her after that.
Big Coop Cam_20210122_172430.jpg

I mentioned today that I thought the tribe was getting along well. Now I wonder. 😟

Sucker Peck

The following is super disturbing. I need to stop watching roosting. Do not watch unless you want to see quite possibly the meanest nastiest thing I have seen a chicken do to another chicken.

I really believe it was so she could sleep there tonight. Hattie didn't even want to be near her after that.
View attachment 2499350

I mentioned today that I thought the tribe was getting along well. Now I wonder. 😟
Nasty.

Back
Top Bottom