It is biting cold outside with a wind that came straight from Siberia.
I gave them fresh water in an open bowl in the run because I have to refill the heated waterer which is a bit of a palaver. Much to my dismay both Maggie and Diana dunked their heads right under the water multiple times. They were loving it and spraying water everywhere. It gave me frostbite just watching. I hope they will be OK. It is bright and sunny so I hope they will dry off before any harm is done. Are they crazy?
The verdict on craziness comes from the young road-runners who have no intention of going outside in this weather and have taken up position on some day-perches inside the Palace where they can look out of the windows.
They are quite clear that the big Princesses have lost their marbles.
:lau
Dotty and Minnie staying warm.
1F4360DA-58B1-4472-B137-A5B706391298.jpeg

What is this I Spy?

I was watching Hattie and I noticed something odd. Hattie has this beautiful gradient in her feather colors from her dark head to her almost white fluffy bum. I was looking at her the other day and I saw this dark spot on her side. At first I thought maybe she had poo on her somehow. But no. It seems that after her molt Miss Hattie now has one dark feather on each of her wings. It is normally tucked away and you can't see it but I was able to snag a picture of it poking out. Check this out.
View attachment 2500913View attachment 2500914
Beauty Mark!

I tend to wake up around 4:30 most mornings. I like the quiet before the insanity of the day starts and I go to bed early. I know, I am boring. Not really a party person.
The previous night the foxes woke me even earlier so I confess I had an afternoon nap so I was wide awake and raring to go at 4am.
Today is so bone-bightingly cold that I am considering a return to bed now just to warm up. I have four cats who are all encouraging that course of action! :lau
I’m with you RC. Early to bed and early to rise. (The Roos don’t let me sleep in anyways) :highfive:

It is biting cold outside with a wind that came straight from Siberia.
I gave them fresh water in an open bowl in the run because I have to refill the heated waterer which is a bit of a palaver. Much to my dismay both Maggie and Diana dunked their heads right under the water multiple times. They were loving it and spraying water everywhere. It gave me frostbite just watching. I hope they will be OK. It is bright and sunny so I hope they will dry off before any harm is done. Are they crazy?
The verdict on craziness comes from the young road-runners who have no intention of going outside in this weather and have taken up position on some day-perches inside the Palace where they can look out of the windows.
They are quite clear that the big Princesses have lost their marbles.
:lau
Dotty and Minnie staying warm.
View attachment 2500956
Smart ladies. First bitter cold night of the winter last night. 🥶

I think we are headed for cold and snowy for a while. 🌨

Back
Top Bottom