Got a bit of vid yesterday of Belle doing her drinking peck. You can maybe see Snow’s size at the end when she comes over. Feels big to me for roughly 13 weeks but I’ve only had the ISA’s to compare 🤷🏻‍♀️

Apologies for the boat like sway in the footage, and you might be able to hear my 5yo daughter singing in the bath.
That really is different. I've never seen a chicken do that before.

Got a bit of vid yesterday of Belle doing her drinking peck. You can maybe see Snow’s size at the end when she comes over. Feels big to me for roughly 13 weeks but I’ve only had the ISA’s to compare 🤷🏻‍♀️

Apologies for the boat like sway in the footage, and you might be able to hear my 5yo daughter singing in the bath.
I did some video as well today. Not sure how to get it to download? 🤷. Youtube first? I don't do post on it.

1/8 teaspoon a day for 7 days. Sprinkle it on cheese, liquify it, I don't care. Get it inside him.

Thank You! 💕

I don’t want to Even think about the math to figure that out! It says 5g per gallon of water... But to figure out a proper direct dose? Without getting the concentrations per gram on the package... that’s so far beyond my math comfort zone! I’d be trying to figure it out upside down, backwards and sideways.

Math has always been my weakest subject, sort of. I like geometry and chemistry, but didn’t get past first year levels of chem because I was stuck too far below it in actual math for the pre requisites to go further. Stupid factoring polynomials... (still haven’t needed to use that, thankfully!)

I can easily divvy up a teaspoon into 8 even portions though! You just saved me another $65 on a scale... although I was ogling the grow lights in the hydroponics store and dreaming about setting up a little greenhouse (It’s getting to that time of year again quickly!)

It’s been raining all day, so I present one pissed off wet Rooster. I applied the prid and gauze, wrapped it, and he promptly attacked his own foot. He managed to pull the Gauze pad off one side of his foot from underneath the vet wrap, violently tore out three foot scales and one mid-leg scale, which he then ate, and scratched his own comb with a toenail. And wow, is that one heck of a bite strength! He got my finger a couple times by accident (he’s so gentle I will let toddlers hand feed him. Roostie doesn’t bite. At all) this is why I asked BIL to pick up any color vet wrap... Except Red
08C9A07B-1E41-4C76-95BB-C4257998F8EC.jpeg
6155BF9C-87CD-4EB1-B782-C693A18DAA79.jpeg

Here is the scab on the bottom of his other, non swollen, foot. A good 2/3 of it is somewhat loose, so I think I will soak it as well. If it comes off and drains while we are treating with antibiotics, there is probably a much lower chance of it ending up like his bad foot, right? For scale, that fingernail is 1/2” round
DC267AB2-AC19-49C3-98FA-F4E31195CE12.jpeg

1/8 teaspoon a day for 7 days. Sprinkle it on cheese, liquify it, I don't care. Get it inside him.

I did some video as well today. Not sure how to get it to download? 🤷. Youtube first? I don't do post on it.
You need to load videos on you tube and then post the link here. I have done screen shots on how to do it if you need them.

J

I see what you mean. In Peggy's case she rubbed her stitches in dirt every day and never developed an infection, so the antibiotics definitely worked ok despite the cheese.

You could try a tiny piece of bread too.

That worked for almost three days, then dipping it in yolk and hiding the drug soaked bread in with scrambled eggs bought me another two days. Chicken vision is scary good at picking out the “that treat looks suspicious” bits. Enrofloxacin must taste awful! Hopefully this stuff goes in easier. Cheese bribes are generally very acceptable. Surprisingly, the giant pills the vet gave me were quite easy to get him to take, he didn’t exactly like it, but if he spat one out it was quite obvious, even in the dark, and the pills were easy to handle as well thanks to their size... go figure?

Thank You! 💕

I don’t want to Even think about the math to figure that out! It says 5g per gallon of water... But to figure out a proper direct dose? Without getting the concentrations per gram on the package... that’s so far beyond my math comfort zone! I’d be trying to figure it out upside down, backwards and sideways.

Math has always been my weakest subject, sort of. I like geometry and chemistry, but didn’t get past first year levels of chem because I was stuck too far below it in actual math for the pre requisites to go further. Stupid factoring polynomials... (still haven’t needed to use that, thankfully!)

I can easily divvy up a teaspoon into 8 even portions though! You just saved me another $65 on a scale... although I was ogling the grow lights in the hydroponics store and dreaming about setting up a little greenhouse (It’s getting to that time of year again quickly!)

It’s been raining all day, so I present one pissed off wet Rooster. I applied the prid and gauze, wrapped it, and he promptly attacked his own foot. He managed to pull the Gauze pad off one side of his foot from underneath the vet wrap, violently tore out three foot scales and one mid-leg scale, which he then ate, and scratched his own comb with a toenail. And wow, is that one heck of a bite strength! He got my finger a couple times by accident (he’s so gentle I will let toddlers hand feed him. Roostie doesn’t bite. At all) this is why I asked BIL to pick up any color vet wrap... Except RedView attachment 2501890View attachment 2501896
Here is the scab on the bottom of his other, non swollen, foot. A good 2/3 of it is somewhat loose, so I think I will soak it as well. If it comes off and drains while we are treating with antibiotics, there is probably a much lower chance of it ending up like his bad foot, right? For scale, that fingernail is 1/2” round View attachment 2501916
You have nothing to worry about with the other one. The amoxicillin will treat the other foot as well. It should not get away like the first foot.

Thank You! 💕

It’s been raining all day, so I present one pissed off wet Rooster. I applied the prid and gauze, wrapped it, and he promptly attacked his own foot. He managed to pull the Gauze pad off one side of his foot from underneath the vet wrap, violently tore out three foot scales and one mid-leg scale, which he then ate, and scratched his own comb with a toenail. And wow, is that one heck of a bite strength! He got my finger a couple times by accident (he’s so gentle I will let toddlers hand feed him. Roostie doesn’t bite. At all) this is why I asked BIL to pick up any color vet wrap... Except RedView attachment 2501890View attachment 2501896
Here is the scab on the bottom of his other, non swollen, foot. A good 2/3 of it is somewhat loose, so I think I will soak it as well. If it comes off and drains while we are treating with antibiotics, there is probably a much lower chance of it ending up like his bad foot, right? For scale, that fingernail is 1/2” round View attachment 2501916
As far as the math goes I wrote it all out and had Mrs BY Bob double check it. I did it 3 different ways to make certain I had it correct. I am very confident that I have it right. But my head hurts now.

Back
Top Bottom