I need the scab off and so far only a portion has lifted.
I wish I could get some decent pictures. He's so good when I do his foot now.
I lie him slightly on his side and he tucks his head under my forearm like someone who has to have an injection but doesn't want to look. He does curl his toes when I clean the bump. Maybe it tickles.:D
I've got better at doing the cleaning and bandaging and that makes it quicker. I have to lift him up and put him on the floor before he opens his eyes so to speak.:love
My gosh what a good boy! That is very impressive. He trusts you so much! :hugs :hugs

So do all big black hens have the dirty bum problem?
Asking for a friend.:p
That was actually how the sun was hitting Lilly's bum. Its not messy and she is insulted by your accusation! I was saving this for Friday but her honor must be defended.

20210125_081235.jpg

Last edited:
That was actually how the sun was hitting Lilly's bum. Its not messy and she is insulted by your accusation! I was saving this for Friday but her honor must be defended.

View attachment 2502180
As soon as Fat Bird has finished kicking the crap out of me; she read the post, I'll sort out a suitable apology for Lilly.:oops:

Long story but I do have a fair bit of experience dealing with chronic infected wounds including infected bone) in mammals (people).
My knowledge is all a bit dated, and wound treatment technology has come a long way since my day, but as long as I am aware of the differences between mammalian and avian physiology it is still very relevant.
Open festering wounds are more my thing than walled off abscesses (though draining those in mammals is very satisfying!). Believe it or not I even have experience using honey and leeches (though not at the same time) on wounds!
Does any of that qualify me as a witch?

If it does, then I am one too!! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom