I lost both Vorwerks. No idea what happened to the 2nd girl. I found her dead when I checked on my girls Thursday morning. She had seemed fine @ roosting the night before so clueless as to what happened. I am picking up a couple more Wed as these were the man's pick & he wants to try again. She has a couple others I am interested in but not the Aracaunas I wanted.
Oh no! I’m so sorry. Perhaps their genetics were off. That is awfully young for sudden death.

Something for Fun

I was googling around the internet and I happened across this website discussing Wyandottes. A quiz popped up to align me with my perfect chicken breed. So obviously I took the quiz. Here is the website in case you want to do so as well. The quiz pops up when you access the site.

https://www.thefeatherbrain.com/blog/wyandotte-chickens

Here is my "perfect" breed.
View attachment 2546062
Fun! I got...

0114E59A-44F9-45D1-931F-A22E179E8E82.jpeg

And they are on “my list!”

Knock and Donk have been laying eggs in an outside nest. I spotted Donk going up that bank in the picture. I hate that hen some days. No way I can follow her up that!
However, this morning I waited for Knock to slide off to her nest site and I tagged along behind trying to look as if I was interested in other things.
I watched Knock climb up the bottomof the bank and thought she was going to head up to the top where I had seen Donk. Instead she slid out of sight for a moment and then I saw her settle low on the bank. I was about 30 metres away so quite lucky to keep track of her.
P2270527.JPG

Here's her nest. It's not a good spot. It's too close to the track and too easy to spot from the ridge.
P2270528.JPG

Step back a bit onto the track and you can just make out where her nest is. Look at the middle of the picture and go left.
The track is where I stood when I took this picture.
P2270529.JPG

Okay, chick names.
I have five littles. Names subject to changes, with personality traits
1. Coco
2. Shanny. ( Shenandoah )
3. Xzit (the chick named herself, pecking at my iPhone)
4. Bo-Peep ( Bo, if she’s a he)
And many colorful adjectives for the last one (such a stubborn little brat)
I’m hoping you BYC friends agree.
:fl

Back
Top Bottom