Thank you!

My friend works at Tractor Supply and brought home 4 unwell babies last night. Sadly only one made it to morning, so she decided to go get 4 more.

She ended up bringing home the last 7 bantam babies. I went over today to check on them and these look nice and healthy. What's unusual is her daughter has had a dream of chickens since she was a very young child. She's now 13 and decided that the chicks are pretty cool.
SHRA!
Tax

D30E1E10-D532-48D1-BAB4-D581A47C73CB.jpeg

Not Dorothy! Please keep us updated. Poor baby. :hugs:hugs
Thanks, Bob. This is not the first time this has happened with Dorothy. I expect her to drop a soft egg from the roost or to lay an egg in the morning. She dropped a normal turd on the chair, so she is not egg bound. But I feel terrible when her little body has to work the soft eggs through her reproductive tract. She might be a candidate for hormones someday, but usually we get through these bouts ok if I give her calcium for a couple days.

Last edited:
Thanks, Bob. This is not the first time this has happened with Dorothy. I expect her to drop a soft egg from the roost or to lay an egg in the morning. She dropped a normal turd on the chair, do she is not egg bound. But I feel terrible when her little body has to work the soft eggs through her reproductive tract. She might be a candidate for hormones someday, but usually we get through these bouts ok if I give her calcium for a couple days.
I'm sorry she is going through this but I'm glad it's nothing new. Thanks for the poo update. I feel better knowing that. Poor lady. :hugs:hugs

Thanks, Bob. This is not the first time this has happened with Dorothy. I expect her to drop a soft egg from the roost or to lay an egg in the morning. She dropped a normal turd on the chair, do she is not egg bound. But I feel terrible when her little body has to work the soft eggs through her reproductive tract. She might be a candidate for hormones someday, but usually we get through these bouts ok if I give her calcium for a couple days.
I hope she feels better soon.
For my own education, how do you give her the calcium?

Poor Dorothy got her soft egg out. I watched her lay it. I believe it was intact, but either broke on its way out or when it hit the floor.

Edited to add: The sound of her straining little voice while she pushed was SO SAD. Poor thing! I think I better get some manganese rich treats. Last summer, shredded zucchini seemed to help.

I hope she feels better soon.
For my own education, how do you give her the calcium?
I either direct dose a capsule into her beak or crush it and mix into baby bird formula.

Back
Top Bottom