Silver I forgot, someone I knew got burned with paraffin, after soaking we used the silver and the scars healed in a matter of days. It doesn't take the sting out immediately but the wounds heal very fast.
Thanks Marie, My blisters are pealing off and new skin is showing already. The hospital gave me special cream, by prescription, and promotes fast healing.:D

Out roaming this afternoon and "back at the ranch" so to speak, in the old unattached and still- covered run. Hazel and Queenie started dustbathing in the sunny warmth. Then the three others found them and quickly joined in. This is the second time they've come back to it to bathe, and it's sheltered and they rest and preen in there too.
I've tried to upload it to my youtube channel but not sure if it's there yet:

Maybe I won't clear out all that litter as I was planning, only some, as they like to dustbathe in it? Or should I change it out for health reasons? Or It's about six months old but mostly been dry (though on the bare ground) in the covered run, since the coop was attached for the winter. So its aged ramial chips, some hemp, pdz, wood stove ashes, lots of poo, some feed dust, grit & oyster shell bits. I periodically hoed it around to bury poo and keep it interesting. Part of it has become quite fine and dirt-like. Maybe it's called Deep Bedding since it's dry? I've read a bit but don't recall how often people change it out. I'd replace it with a big pile of new but aged ramial chips & everything else (but minus the poo til they visit again :rolleyes:)
Bathing beauties - great video!

Silver I forgot, someone I knew got burned with paraffin, after soaking we used the silver and the scars healed in a matter of days. It doesn't take the sting out immediately but the wounds heal very fast.
It's called silvadene creme here. Great stuff. Sliver is a natural antibacterial agent.

My new shirt from TSC...
A40E099A-C132-4CA0-8680-2D99F71AE2C4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom