Is it liquid or tablets?
if you get the name let me know for sure!
Tablets. Unless your girls are super co~operative wrap them in a towel to immobilize them. You then have to pry the beak open, pop the tablet in & snap the beak shut before they spit it out. I have a lot of birds & some are much easier to dose than others. I do the hard ones first while I have the patience for their antics. Give me a poke if I forget on Tuesday.

I carry 3 wormers. Kilverm, Fenbendazole (Safeguard for goats), and Flubendazole (DAC Tabs for Pidgeons).

Fenbendazole (Safeguard) works really well but you should discard all eggs for I think 2 weeks and you have to give it orally by syringe. The dose is way to large to hide in food.

Flubendazole (DAC Tabs) also works really well. They are tiny tabs that I hide in mini Penne Pasta. Everyone swallows the pasta whole except Lilly and Phyllis. I have to trick them in other ways. There is no egg discarding required.

Kilverm I just got because I thought it might be easier to use and it also has no egg discarding. After @Ribh experience, I am not certain that I want to use it now.

To that point, Ribh, do you direct dose or use water to dose them with the Kilverm?
20210416_184700.jpg
20210416_184950.jpg

:celebrateYES! :thumbsup Very cool. :clapI wondered if the difficulty with binocs and telescopes - getting enough light into the camera - wouldn't be a problem because of the backlighting with a microscope. Poo pics TBA!
I knew this would make you happy.

She probably cleared what it was. I'm relieved as I suspect you are even more.
Bob - and @Shadrach too - do you think the positional differences - she breathed with no sound when her neck was down or out front - was a clue that it was something lodged in her and not a respiratory infection (besides that if it was respiratory there might be other clues as well?)

No holding time on the wormer. There is on the Baycox, which is used for treating cocci.
I'll have a look on Tuesday when I pick up the wormer. Last time it was tablets, which I've now had plenty of practice with.
I'm going to bet it is Flubendazole. Let's see if I'm right. :fl :fl

It is very difficult to get here in the states.

I carry 3 wormers. Kilverm, Fenbendazole (Safeguard for goats), and Flubendazole (DAC Tabs for Pidgeons).

Fenbendazole (Safeguard) works really well but you should discard all eggs for I think 2 weeks and you have to give it orally by syringe. The dose is way to large to hide in food.

Flubendazole (DAC Tabs) also works really well. They are tiny tabs that I hide in mini Penne Pasta. Everyone swallows the pasta whole except Lilly and Phyllis. I have to trick them in other ways. There is no egg discarding required.

Kilverm I just got because I thought it might be easier to use and it also has no egg discarding. After @Ribh experience, I am not certain that I want to use it now.

To that point, Ribh, do you direct dose or use water to dose them with the Kilverm?
I have always put it in the water as my math is not up to working out individual dosages. However it was the wormer I started out with & in all honesty I think my flock has developed immunity to it. I actually like using the tablets. I know everyone's had their medicine & I know it works.

Tablets. Unless your girls are super co~operative wrap them in a towel to immobilize them. You then have to pry the beak open, pop the tablet in & snap the beak shut before they spit it out. I have a lot of birds & some are much easier to dose than others. I do the hard ones first while I have the patience for their antics. Give me a poke if I forget on Tuesday.
I'm telling you, mini penne pasta. They slip right in them and my girls, mostly, swallow them hole. Heck Sansa was swallowing regular penne pasta whole today! :eek:

Mini Penne.jpg

I have always put it in the water as my math is not up to working out individual dosages. However it was the wormer I started out with & in all honesty I think my flock has developed immunity to it. I actually like using the tablets. I know everyone's had their medicine & I know it works.
I'm thinking you may be right about the resistance. How many times have you used Kilverm prior to now?

Bob - and @Shadrach too - do you think the positional differences - she breathed with no sound when her neck was down or out front - was a clue that it was something lodged in her and not a respiratory infection (besides that if it was respiratory there might be other clues as well?)
Normally with a respiratory infection you would expect some kind of discharge from the nose. You know, chicken snot. Along with sneezing. The first symptom would not be a weird vocal sound.

Back
Top Bottom