I'm thinking you may be right about the resistance. How many times have you used Kilverm prior to now?
My older birds are 5+ & I have always wormed Spring & Autumn, plus if I've noticed worms or eggs. Resistance wasn't something that had occurred to me or I would have rotated wormers. Mind you, Kilverm is the one readily available wormer that every produce store carries.

My older birds are 5+ & I have always wormed Spring & Autumn, plus if I've noticed worms or eggs. Resistance wasn't something that had occurred to me or I would have rotated wormers. Mind you, Kilverm is the one readily available wormer that every produce store carries.
That is a lot of worming. It is almost certainly resistance at this point.

She probably cleared what it was. I'm relieved as I suspect you are even more.
Hard to describe how panicked and worried I felt and then how relieved I was later on after it seemed she had improved a bit and there was a chance this was going to continue. I want to learn to take care of them and I can't learn fast enough. There are these little lives at stake! Thank you, and thank you all for being there!
Late this afternoon we all went out foraging again for almost two hours and her voice was totally back to normal the whole time.

I'm going to bet it is Flubendazole. Let's see if I'm right. :fl :fl

It is very difficult to get here in the states.
OK, I found the leftovers from last time. Not a pig wormer as I said. FIDO is the brand ~ cats & dogs.
For the oral treatment of roundworms, hookworms, whipworms and tapeworms (including the hydatid tapeworm) in dogs, cats, puppies and kittens. Do not control heartworm. Contains praziquantel 50mg / tablet and fendendazole 500 mg / tablet. Available in 100 tablet

Hope that helps someone.​

Hard to describe how panicked and worried I felt and then how relieved I was later on after it seemed she had improved a bit and there was a chance this was going to continue. I want to learn to take care of them and I can't learn fast enough. There are these little lives at stake! Thank you, and thank you all for being there!
Late this afternoon we all went out foraging again for almost two hours and her voice was totally back to normal the whole time.
Excellent. :hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom