Another question... I have moved the babies out to their section in the big coop/run... they are covered and I have blocked three sides where they sleep but they are basically outside... they have slept in there the last three nights and it’s been about 60 degrees but of course we are getting a cool front and it’ll be getting into the high 40s some nights and 50s some nights... they turned five weeks on Wednesday... do yall think they’ll be okay in the cooler temps?
I have put 6 week olds out in those temps but I always provide the heat plate in case they want it.

But do they need it? They have lots of feathers...
They say no but I'm a worrier. They are fully feathered at 6 weeks and mom has usually forced them away. They should be fine.

Need and Lucky were on their own around 4 weeks.

They say no but I'm a worrier. They are fully feathered at 6 weeks and mom has usually forced them away. They should be fine.

Need and Lucky were on their own around 4 weeks.
Well that’s what I kept thinking... that surely those giant babies weren’t still with mommy! Tanks ma Brudda ❤️💕

Same weather here... how would I know if they had worms?
I can usually see bits of casing in their poop & just now I am seeing both tape worm & thread worm in their poop. One or 2 of my girls have a bad infestation. They are due to be wormed. My vet now tracks that for me & lets me know when they are due. Picking up their meds Tuesday. It will be a big day as I have 24 birds to dose. :lau

I think I probably owe lots of tax.
I know you like this pic @BY Bob so here you go! :D
20210414_102324 (2).jpg

I can usually see bits of casing in their poop & just now I am seeing both tape worm & thread worm in their poop. One or 2 of my girls have a bad infestation. They are due to be wormed. My vet now tracks that for me & lets me know when they are due. Picking up their meds Tuesday. It will be a big day as I have 24 birds to dose. :lau
Oh wow! You have 24 chickens!? I am really behind on your thread!! You passed me right up! I have 20 now... if I come across some copper Marans I’ll prolly be getting a few more 😉

Back
Top Bottom