So I got most the wormer into Belle and did Snow too, separate (she’s easy, she just gobbled the couscous and cheese sauce concoction right up!)

Took a picture of last nights poop, I’d say Snow is the top stuff and Belle is the bottom.
They look fine to me. I would not suspect worms.

I cleaned two butts with a hose and bar shampoo today. It’s a start.

On that same note, the avian vet said hen illnesses are almost always caused by E.Coli ascending from the vent. I might become a neurotic butt cleaner.
I have not heard this. Very interesting.

How old are they and do they have proper feathers yet?
They turned five weeks on Wednesday... so five and a half weeks about... I think they are well feathered... just took these a moment ago...

Bob... I think this group of gals are gonna be gorgeous 💕❤️... just sayin 😁
AA1C78DE-63DF-4296-8F58-4A0EE9543BAC.jpeg
12672720-34F0-43FE-AA75-987AC091B3E5.jpeg
DF9F6AD6-C798-40C2-BD23-48DDA490D9FF.jpeg

They look fine to me. I would not suspect worms.
So I guess now I’ll focus on crop things, make sure I’m checking her for the next few days morning and night.
Hopefully I’m just being paranoid about the water thing the other day.
Maybe she’s missing Bok ☹️
I feel Snow has stepped up into alpha spot, Belle follows her lead I’ve observed these past few days.

So I offered mine a worm and they were mildly interested. Creamsicle managed to eat half. These chicks don't like many things. The only treats I've seen them get excited over is wet warm starter feed and maple blossoms. :confused:
The Buckeyes went after flying and jumping things when they were little. Like a housefly that wandered into their brooder area, they followed it like crazy. Got very excited if they found a grasshopper or a little frog outside. Worms they didn't know what to do with at first, and didn't have a taste for them when offered a bit.

At the poultry show yesterday, I was talking to a friend’s husband who is a breeder. We got onto the subject of lifespan and he said the average age of his purebreds was six years. I then told him about Fat Bird and how my frizzle breeder friend’s chooks averaged around 12 years. He was absolutely astounded.
I'd live to about 200 if I lived with sharach or Bob. I want to be a chicken :D🐣🐥

Back
Top Bottom