I must admit, I'm very kind hearted much like yourself. The last time one of the occupants of the main house got sick and coughed a lot, I offered to make him a coffin.
Honestly, there is just no pleasing some people. He swore at me. I don't bother trying to be kind to people any more. Much better off if the ones without a sense of humour die anyway.:p:rolleyes::lol:
You are too kind! :gig

Wait until you see today’s discovery!
The water drinking was crop related I think so thanks for the heads up a few days ago 🙂
I just want to say great job on your part noticing her behavior. Only by picking up on what she was doing were you able to help her. That's great a chickeneer! :clap :clap

I should've known you'd like that name! 😆
Good to know on the prefab...I've already got hubby to agree to a new build later this year. I want us humans to be able to stand in the coop itself to be with the babies in poor weather.
Plan you coop carefully. Having a prefab for a while will help to inform you as to what changes you need. I wrote them down so when I started to decide what I wanted in a built coop I knew.

@featherhead007 :hugs I'm so sad about Emma and really upset and angry if your suspicion about the nbor is anywhere near accurate. Good idea to keep the babies in lockdown for a bit.

@LozzyR eeeek! 🤢 how did he get in there??!?

@micstrachan that mode of dispensing is prize worthy! Hope your girls perk up

@Ribh give that Dorothy love from me. I hope she does well.

@Scrambles83 that Mugshot is cracking me up

And I guess this question can be asked of the group at large about the prefab coops...has anyone had luck with one lasting a couple of years? We bought ours from the Chicken Coop Company bc it was made in US, wood and wire with extra support under nest boxes. I'm sure hoping it doesn't turn into a pile of kindling prematurely!

Here is Allele for Mugshot Monday!
Hi Allele. :frow
That is an unusual name for a chicken - is there a story behind it?

BY full on attack you mean like a rooster coming at you, right? Wings and everything?
Well it was mainly stance - very upright and chest pumped up. And with that stance she kept coming at me. She started deploying wings for a fraction of a second and that is when I grabbed her. I think the chunk out of my thumb was retribution for grabbing her. Incidentally, I now totally get how they can pull a mouse apart even without teeth!

Back
Top Bottom