I remember the police who came to the house said that they worry that people who do that kind of thing might do it to other animals including people.
I don’t know if they just said that to make my mother feel better because she was distraught.
It was me and my best friend from high school who came in and found them and we prevented my Dad from coming in and told him to go for a walk around the block. He was a sensitive soul my Dad and he could not have coped with the sight of it all. We then rang my mother and she said to call the local police station and she came home and arrived just before the police.
The mother cat had tried to save the kittens and had dragged a number of them in through the cat door in the kitchen window so the kitchen was covered in blood and dead or nearly dead kittens. I suspect my memory makes that scene worse than it was, but I do remember the blood and the terrified cat and dead kittens mainly outside.
Turns out she had managed to save a few of them - I don’t remember how many - but they had hidden themselves under the stove and only emerged once the police left and we had buried the dead ones and it was all quiet.
Sorry to go on. It was a traumatic teen experience and I was just reminiscing.
Poor Dad burst into tears when we told him what happened - we never let him see anything gruesome and he always maintained he didn’t like cats - but he wept anyway.
:hugs What a horrible thing too have witnessed, especially as child. It's not something you can easily forget.

I'm so sorry I have missed the whole part of this horrendous and sad story :(

I hope you had happier times with the mother and the remaining kittens

:hugs What a horrible thing too have witnessed, especially as child. It's not something you can easily forget.

I'm so sorry I have missed the whole part of this horrendous and sad story :(

I hope you had happier times with the mother and the remaining kittens
Oh yes. The stereotypical crazy cat lady was my mother. She was always taking in random strays and not all of them were fixed so we had kittens and gave them away to families (wouldn’t do that now but we didn’t know, and they were very much in demand!).
Many happy memories and people we got to know because they took one of our kittens!

The two pullets (?), yup, a bit pale. Flo, would be in the normal range here. Some of the hens go super red for a couple of weeks when they first start laying and gradually the colour subsides.
Thanks for that feedback. The Easter Egger (Sunny) is pale as pale can be and drops her tail a bit when she’s getting ready to lay. I’m wondering if it’s causing her discomfort. I’m not sure if her slimy poops have stopped, but poop in general is improving in the flock (tribe), so I’m hopeful.

I agree Flo (also pullet) looks more normal in comb color than Sunny, but it’s nowhere near as bright red as Dorothy, Ester, Roxy, Lucky, Cashew or even Bridge!

I’m hoping the Albendazole and Amprolium help them. Thinking since they’re young, they might be more susceptible.

I remember the police who came to the house said that they worry that people who do that kind of thing might do it to other animals including people.
I don’t know if they just said that to make my mother feel better because she was distraught.
It was me and my best friend from high school who came in and found them and we prevented my Dad from coming in and told him to go for a walk around the block. He was a sensitive soul my Dad and he could not have coped with the sight of it all. We then rang my mother and she said to call the local police station and she came home and arrived just before the police.
The mother cat had tried to save the kittens and had dragged a number of them in through the cat door in the kitchen window so the kitchen was covered in blood and dead or nearly dead kittens. I suspect my memory makes that scene worse than it was, but I do remember the blood and the terrified cat and dead kittens mainly outside.
Turns out she had managed to save a few of them - I don’t remember how many - but they had hidden themselves under the stove and only emerged once the police left and we had buried the dead ones and it was all quiet.
Sorry to go on. It was a traumatic teen experience and I was just reminiscing.
Poor Dad burst into tears when we told him what happened - we never let him see anything gruesome and he always maintained he didn’t like cats - but he wept anyway.
I fear your answer but I need to know what if anything the police were able to achieve.

I will also suggest that this is somewhat gruesome and maybe a spoiler is in order so that an individual can make a conscious decision to read it. I don't know that I would have read this otherwise if given the choice.

Oh yes. The stereotypical crazy cat lady was my mother. She was always taking in random strays and not all of them were fixed so we had kittens and gave them away to families (wouldn’t do that now but we didn’t know, and they were very much in demand!).
Many happy memories and people we got to know because they took one of our kittens!
I will have to be very careful, the other night I went outside to rescue a kitten/cat and was preparing in my mind how to accommodate it.

My cat is so good with my chickens, he seems to know when I ask him to watch over them. Two days ago I asked him to watch them because of a cat hanging around and he stayed just feet away from them. They were not to happy having this cat watching them then they seemed to forget he was there and started preening in front of him.
Just now I saw a mouse and told him, and I wonder if he's searching now . I think he's human at times 🤔

Back
Top Bottom