I fear your answer but I need to know what if anything the police were able to achieve.

I will also suggest that this is somewhat gruesome and maybe a spoiler is in order so that an individual can make a conscious decision to read it. I don't know that I would have read this otherwise if given the choice.
I have fixed my post to be inside a spoiler. Two problems first that it doesn't carry over to replies so you can still read the post if you click expand on your reply, and secondly my original post on this topic (which was less graphic) has been up for too long to allow me to edit it - at least I don't see that option.
I am so sorry to everyone I upset.

I have fixed my post to be inside a spoiler. Two problems first that it doesn't carry over to replies so you can still read the post if you click expand on your reply, and secondly my original post on this topic (which was less graphic) has been up for too long to allow me to edit it - at least I don't see that option.
Nothing to apologise for I don't think. It's important to share & not carry stuff alone ~ even if it is old news. :hugs

Chicken Tax
Minnie getting a gust of wind up her fluffy butt.
602E327E-E0AB-41FE-A114-0E30C465A926.jpeg

Oh I am so sorry. I didn’t think about a spoiler.
I was just in reminiscing mode prompted by the horrible situation @featherhead007 is facing.
I should have been more thoughtful.
Should I take the post down? Anyone know how?
I don’t think the police found who did it. And in good news it didn’t happen again and we kept the traumatized kittens and I don’t remember ever having cats who weren’t well adjusted (well, for cats that is!).
Please, leave it up. It is better known than not. Maybe I am too sensitive. 😢

You did not upset me. Those that performed this deed have. Please do not feel bad for telling your story. :hugs

I'm so very afraid of these chemicals, I have to be honest with you. It really worries me.
Good. They should worry you.
It is something that has concerned me about BYC since I joined. The advice to administer chemicals from antibiotics to constant worming dosages has shocked me. It's not just the chickens either. Many of the posters seem to be chewing pharmaceuticals like it's going out of fashion.
I stopped reading the emergency forums; not so much because the drama was too upsetting, but because in most cases what I wanted to say was if you let the poor creatures out of that disgusting run you keep them caged in and let them feel proper earth under their feet and grass and vegetation to forage in, and most of all, give them space to live, then you wouldn't be dealing with so many health issues.
Then there are the "educators"! pump this drug down them, your chicken has got this disease, or that disease. There is no way they could know for sure. You need to examine the bird and even then you may not be right, much like the errors doctors make for human patients.
For many of the sicknesses, particularly the reproductive disorders and the cancers, the chicken is meant to die from these. We die from diseases. Something has to kill us.
For all the high tech veterinary practices and the availability of drugs it seems to escape peoples attention that our "knowledge" and interference has wiped almost two thirds off the average chickens life for the majority of backyard chickens.
However, chemicals have their place in health care.I rarely use them and when I do it's on the advice of a vet
I have successfully treated more injuries than I care to remember with this.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...s-and-injuries-with-stockholm-hoof-tar.74400/

Injuries that would have had the "medical" team advocating a concoction of drugs. For most injuries and even for many sicknesses a proper diet for an omnivore, cleanliness, fresh air and freedom, seem to work wonders.

I would do some very careful research before you use it for worming. It is still effective for mites from what I remember.
What I don't know is how widespread the resistance in worms is. It may be a regional thing.
Good advice. Thanks for the reminder.

Back
Top Bottom