I really need @Grammy60 to tell me when it is Friday, but judging by everyone’s posts I am going for it anyway.
Happy FBF from my 3 big Princesses.
View attachment 2631086
Any chance for the uninitiated that you could run thru the type of babies these are?

I'm trying to make educated(ish) guesses about my little flock.

Any chance for the uninitiated that you could run thru the type of babies these are?

I'm trying to make educated(ish) guesses about my little flock.
Maggie is the one on the far right. The light isn’t good but she is a beautiful mahogany brown with a black tail.
Elizabeth and Diana are some kind of red sex link - I am not sure what exactly. I adopted all three from a school project when they were a few months old.

Chicken on stilts :lau :lau
13BDA1E8-2F56-45FC-ABFD-842B258DD109.jpeg

Was trying to get a fluffy butt picture but got a long-legged chicken instead.

Hi everyone. I've avoided BYC for the last week and I see i've missed a lot. I hate that a lot of the fluffy butt family are dealing with illnesses and recent passing of beloved birds. I feel bad for adding more sadness but could everyone please pray hard for my beloved Butter. I fear i'm going to loose her very soon. Monday evening the horses were playing and she got kicked. Nothing got broke, but she lost the use of her right leg. She's been on pain meds and anti-inflammatory's but she is declining. I know injuries and stress can stop laying, but she's starting to get a puffy belly and i'm afraid a egg got crushed inside of her and setting up a infection. And now her toes on her bad leg are starting to curl inwards leading us to suspect nerve damage. So far she's also had 3 20 minute soaks in epsom salt water bath which she loves but she's loosing her desire to eat and drink. Me and mom were prepared to give her all the time she needed to recover, but, we are coming to a point where it may be kinder to euthanize. This is devastating to mom as Butter is her heart chicken and she's not even a year old until the first of may. If over the next 24 hours she keeps refusing food and water willingly we are calling it quits.
DSCN3697.JPG

Butter Monday night, still full of her attitude. I'd give anything right now for some of that spunk to return.

Good grief..sick again. I ended up in the ER last night. I've been having stomach problems the past couple of weeks, and what I call woozy head. Did go in for fluids Monday before last. I was dehydrated. Helped. Guess I didn't get enough. Needed more last night plus my Potassium and magnesium was way low again. Potassium was at 2.6. 🥺. Fluids helped again plus giant potassium pills should help with the help of more in a prescription. I think I'm stressing too much. (husband) They are trying to figure out what's up with me and the diarrhea. Seeing a gastroenterologist next month unless my Dr. ..that I'll be making an appointment with, can get me in sooner. Stress is a bad thing for me I guess. :( I'm still having a hard time standing with feeling like I'm going to pass out. Made it out to my chickens this morning. Thankfully they only needed fresh water.

Maggie is the one on the far right. The light isn’t good but she is a beautiful mahogany brown with a black tail.
Elizabeth and Diana are some kind of red sex link - I am not sure what exactly. I adopted all three from a school project when they were a few months old.
Thank you! I had originally thought Nae nae was an orpington, but she has a lot of coloring to her and is certainly not buff.
I'll probably be guessing on my mixed bag of babies forever 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom