Only if you are riding a bike or do they attack walkers or runners as well?
Anybody coming near their nesting site, walking, running, biking, dancing. We are all a threat that must be driven off! In the video Scrambles and I posted you can hear the magpie's beak or claws making contact with the helmet on the first swoop.

But as MJ said, it is not all magpies. I heard that some magpies do this because they have had a bad experience with people at one stage. I don't know if studies about it have been done.

Anybody coming near their nesting site, walking, running, biking, dancing. We are all a threat that must be driven off! In the video Scrambles and I posted you can hear the magpie's beak or claws making contact with the helmet on the first swoop.

But as MJ said, it is not all magpies. I heard that some magpies do this because they have had a bad experience with people at one stage. I don't know if studies about it have been done.
It certainly would startle you. I would not be a fan.

Hubby and I had our first shot of astrazeneca vaccine today. The second dose is in twelve weeks. Take that Covid! :tongue

Chicken tax
(and a belated Mugshot Monday)
IMG20210222104531(1).jpg

I didn’t have any walnuts but she was still pleased to see me and flew through the Chicken Palace to say hello.

View attachment 2662283

What did your little princesses look like when they were little? The "EE" chicks are sprouting feather tuffs and they are barred as well. I'm thinking I might have ended up with Cream Legbars.

He’s telling me there’s no point going to school as he has a cold and it’s contagious. Whilst he has a point; if he stayed home every time he had a cold, he’d miss half a year! I use that argument with hubby about staying home from work every time I have a cold, I’d never have any sick leave!

My rule of thumb is send them. Child need exposure to germs to build their immune system. That being said, using common sense goes a long way. Some sniffles, a throat tickle, you're good to go in. Fever, coughing, or digestive issues you stay home.

🔥fire? I wouldn’t want that. And I usually cook a pound of bacon at a time. I still don’t know what I’m doing (oven baked bacon):thbut thanks:hugs
OK here's the deal - check the temperature rating of your parchment paper, it varies, some are higher than others. But all of them are usually rated for at least 350F. So you could try baking the bacon a little longer at the lower temp and probably get similar results, as I believe that the fat content of the bacon will slow it from drying out before it browns. But I haven't ever baked bacon.
I bake bread all the time with parchment paper. I have a type rated for 428F and often am baking at 425F temp, with no problems.
Note: parchment paper is called that because of how it looks and behaves, but it is not really parchment paper. It is a wood-pulp paper coated (one or both sides) with what is supposed to be high-grade food-safe silicon coating. I buy a type manufactured in Europe for that reason.

Back
Top Bottom