Yesterday was not the best of days. I was rear-ended. I'm pretty much ok, stiff, sore, and brushed today. I am waiting on CT scan for my neck as a precaution because of the cyst I have on my spinal cord.

View attachment 2666785

I was only 5 miles from my house so the police let me drive it home to save a tow bill.

The police were there because what initiated the crash was a postal worker delivering mail. She went to pull away from the mailbox and did not see the guy in front of me. He could not go around her because of the oncoming traffic.

I saw all this and stopped safely behind the guy in front of me. Suddenly I feel the impact and hear glass shatter as I'm pushed into the guy in front.

The kicker to all this is postal worker refused to give her information and left the scene. While she was not hit, she was at the very least a witness and needed to stay or give her info.

After the police finished with the 3 of us they were heading to the post office to find her and talk to her.

The guy in front of me only had a small scuff mark of his trunk where I was pushed I to him. I was the cream filling in a car sandwich.
Oh my! I'm hope the CT comes back clear and that your muscles heal from this accident quickly. :hugs

Although I couldn't watch your video again I have one to contribute on the 'bad mood' topic.
This was hard to see - but also very surprising. Apologies it is a bit long.
In it we see Elizabeth who I believe is top hen and who never enforces her position take on first Minnie who is bottom hen and sweetness itself, and then later Diana who is prone to pecking (at least me).
Note that Maggie who usually picks on the roadrunners is entirely uninvolved and note also how the road runners crowd around the second fight cheering them on.
I can't imagine what went on to put Elizabeth in such a fighting mood.
I'm telling you, I didn't realize chickens were such meanies! You'd think with a beautiful proper name like Elizabeth that she'd act like a lady!
I told kiddo I'm calling Meatbird "MEANbird" until she gets her attitude right again.

No... that is their yard... the coop/run stays completely dry... except for maybe a little puddling around the edges... but only in spots... I tell you.. I picked the most perfect spot on my property to build the coop!

Notice the babies chilling in the corner... 💕View attachment 2666998View attachment 2666999
That is a great set up! How many chickens do you have?

Thanks. The knock it over issue is I think a protest statement when I let the food get too low. The containers are metal but when the level of food starts to get low (I never let it get empty) she worries away at it and jumps up off it until it falls over.
I think I will play around with strings and see how it goes.
My sassy girls use the 2 gal metal feeder as a launch pad.

Also, we use an old lid from a retired pots and pans set to close it up. Works pretty good.

I definitely have a naughty girl - she is the one that locked her beak around my fingers because I wasn't dolling out blueberries fast enough and she hung there from my hand. It hurt!
Tsk tsk! Naughty chicken needs a lesson on taking turns!
(And hopefully she doesn't apply to to teach the others to take turns nipping at your fingers...food only!)

That was last fall. Aurora was fine after about a week. Lilly is my Alpha hen and she had broken up the fight twice before but the other two would not stop until one was hurt.

If you watch mine, Sydney was in the run far away. Phyllis got caught up in the fight as it moved from the tree to the coop. Sansa is always around Lilly and I think she might have been looking to get shots in on Aurora as well if the opportunity presented itself.
Man, I thought high school girl cliques were rough!

Chick and Mini.
Chick laid her first egg a couple of days ago. It was blue like Mo's.
Mini, the Silki in the picture has been broody recently and hasn't started laying again yet.
Mini hasn't got a clue about what goes on above her head! I have to practically put my hand on the floor to give her a treat or she doesn't see it in time to prevent one of the others grabbing it.
They will all eat from my hand now, something my sister hasn't been able to achieve before. Chick will jump onto my lap and while she won't settle she will allow me to touch her without jumping straight off.
P5070124.JPG

Back
Top Bottom