Me too. I have always loved birds. My yard is a song bird paradise.

My youngest daughter was home from college one summer and was sunbathing by the pool one morning after a late night out. She came in to get a drink of water comparing about the racket the song birds were making. They were so loud. 😆

Her mother and I just laughed at her. :gig :lau
She had no idea what she was missing! Has she figured it out yet?

I swear there is something in the water around here. I cleaned and stored my incubator and my last broody Clover hatched 7 chicks on mother's day. She was the 4th hen this spring that went broody and I let hatch. Ok, that is it, no more babies, even after rehoming 30 so far I still have chicks coming out my ears and about 75% have turned out to be boys. So when it is time to put everyone up last night and do my head count I have a hen missing. Holly had vanished, it took me a hour to find her. And what do I find, a shrieking pancake sitting on nothing. She had given me no signs or warnings of her intentions. I think i'm going to break her, I do not need any more chicks, and I'm sure the rooster fairy needs to visit someone else. Bunny's chicks are now old enough to determine gender, she has 4 out of her 6 remaining and of those, 3 boys. To top that off I still have the 6 now almost 13 week old boys, 1 of momma hen's 2 was a boy. And the 14 almost 5 week olds left from my final incubator hatch, sitting out there with them yesterday, I counted at least 6 boys. I'm pleading with Clover that her babies are girls, but 3 of the little rascals are already walking around upright and tall.
That is a lot of boys. Tough ratio. It should not be so. :hugs

Oh boy.... should have guessed something was up.
Yep... the attacks on Flash were a sign. It's 48º and drizzly this morning, so they aren't out free ranging yet (I don't feel like standing in that just yet and I need to get some indoor chores done). I hope Millie doesn't go cozy up in a box! She did actually come out this morning with everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom