Guys, I am trying so hard to post pics of my cute little chicks and chickens... my cell data connection is awful all the time it seems! I also have pics of my blind girls eyes (she’s doing surprisingly well!) and Roostie is a Daddy!!! Broodies Rock! If you have a Rooster and fertile eggs and want to expand from a more closed flock. So, y’all will probably need to wait on the pics, but they are coming! I know how much chicken tax I owe 😂.

So, I don’t know if I’ve mentioned but I’ve been having a plague of Broodies, and letting the more serious ones sit. I currently have four on eggs, two of which are also now on some cute little fluff balls! My giant pancake of doom (one of my recent Meat Bird Rescues) has three chicks and three more eggs potentially coming in the next day or so. She’s down to about 10lbs of mean and will draw blood if you try to feed or water her! My Marans hen in the Free Rangers is sitting on two chicks (one “R” egg was first to pop!) and three more eggs, and I’ve got two others, a black sapphire Maran and a marans/Isbar lady due at the end of the week. Someone slipped two more eggs under one of those girls while I wasn’t watching, so I may just pop another wanna be mom onto them when the earlier eggs are done hatching.
Fantastic update! You have your hands full. Congratulations, Daddy Roostie!!!

Go Ruby!!! I was on the verge of tears when you said “I’m sorry, but I must provide a Ruby update.” She’s a little fighter for sure, and it’s heartbreaking, but uplifting at the same time

^^^ x 2 (And Bob beat me to it, but that was the first thing that popped into my mind too!)
We all love Ruby and need updates, or we will worry!
Thank you, Kris. I think she’s amazing and I agree it’s heartbreaking, yet inspiring.

I'm still trying too feed that poor stray old cat, he ran away as I got food for him our road is one of the quiet places but its been like a city road at rush hour, so he's not coming back anytime soon.
Everyone has soldier ants in their pants. And their blooming cars and vans are non stop :( . I wish people would just go into their homes. I've been here 2 hours

Tax

View attachment 2718328
Oh dear, I was there 3 hours in the end. I left food and water and the food was gone this morning, I just hope it was him.

Sorry for my moaning. :)

It is clear I am not going to be able to catch up, I'm almost 75 pages behind again...

Things have been busy in my neck of the woods. Rich is doing well and has his follow up for the aneurysm tomorrow morning.

I finally found a new (to me) car. We had an extremely tight budget to work with. We went through Enterprise Car Sales and they were amazing! I still can't believe we were able to get the car we did.

View attachment 2718582

Thursday night I was helping Rich to move a gun safe and it didn't go well. The safe slipped and landed on my foot. We rushed to urgent care and after several x-rays it was declared severely bruised but not broken.

View attachment 2718584
All great news, except for that nasty bruise. I hope this heals quickly.

Back
Top Bottom