@BY Bob I hope it is okay to do mention another thread here. Will take it down if you disapprove in any way, shape, or form.

There had only been a few shares so far, but I'm already enjoying immensely and wanted to pass along to you all too.

Just in good fun - no prizes, just combs 😊
Thread '"Biggest comb contest! (no prizes) - Contest Ends 6/21/2021."' https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...est-no-prizes-contest-ends-6-21-2021.1475672/

Edited to remove spoiler hide, as Bob gave his blessing 🙌

Last edited:
@BY Bob I hope it is okay to do mention another thread here. Will take it down if you disapprove in any way, shape, or form.

There had only been a few shares so far, but I'm already enjoying immensely and wanted to pass along to you all too.

Just in good fun - no prizes, just combs 😊
Thread '"Biggest comb contest! (no prizes) - Contest Ends 6/21/2021."' https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...est-no-prizes-contest-ends-6-21-2021.1475672/
Of course it is. And what a great contest. Daisy, the greatest hen ever, won one of these a few years ago. Maybe I should enter her again. Hmmm 🤔

Rough Coop Drawings

I took some pictures and drew on them so you can get an idea of what the Polish Palace (I am open to name suggestions) will look like.

It will be built into the big run but will be elevated 16 inches or more above the run so I do not lose any run space.
View attachment 2707628

I am considering a porch on the end and a window either opening into the run or out through the run looking at the other coop. The nest box will stick out through the run to add space.

I am considering a flat roof to give more up space for the ladies to go up. I want the long wall in the run to either be removable or drop down for easy cleaning.

View attachment 2707629
View attachment 2707630

As you can see I already have inspectors showing up to investigate my plans. I will be working square footage calculations today to determine the size and dimensions.
Good Morning everyone!! I'm a long time looker and haven't gotten around to post yet!! I have been following your thread for a year now! I mainly get to check in when I'm at work and I'm not able to post pictures from work. I kept telling myself Id make an introduction post from home but never get around to it.
Anyway, I wanted to ask
Rough Coop Drawings

I took some pictures and drew on them so you can get an idea of what the Polish Palace (I am open to name suggestions) will look like.

It will be built into the big run but will be elevated 16 inches or more above the run so I do not lose any run space.
View attachment 2707628

I am considering a porch on the end and a window either opening into the run or out through the run looking at the other coop. The nest box will stick out through the run to add space.

I am considering a flat roof to give more up space for the ladies to go up. I want the long wall in the run to either be removable or drop down for easy cleaning.

View attachment 2707629
View attachment 2707630

As you can see I already have inspectors showing up to investigate my plans. I will be working square footage calculations today to determine the size and dimensions.
Good Morning everyone!! I'm a long time looker and haven't gotten around to post yet!! I have been following your thread for a year now! I mainly get to check in when I'm at work and I'm not able to post pictures from work. I kept telling myself I'd make an introduction post from home but never get around to it.
Anyway, I wanted to ask Bob, have you thought about getting the chicks DNA tested? Apparently its pretty easy to do by mail, many people use it for silkie chicks. One way to get them earlier for you.

A little introduction.
I live in northern NY, drive through the Adirondack mountains to work every day. I currently have 5-1 year old hens and 7 babies (4 weeks) in the brooder. I only started this journey about a year ago. I found myself with free time now that my children are older.
I also have 3 cats and an elderly Pomeranian. It has been quite the adventure! I just wanted to say how much I thoroughly enjoying reading all your posts and especially seeing pictures of everyone's beautiful flocks!!

Back
Top Bottom