Update... doctor checked my blood pressure and I brought with me (my test blood pressure cuff) mine was inaccurate up to 30 too high. So I still have higher blood pressure, but not as dangerous as I thought.
Had I not gone to the doctor, I would have never known this. :thAlso he put me on different medication. I will still keep you all posted.

Naenae isn't feeling well.

Noticed early this evening that she wasn't as active as her normal. She was resting in an unusual spot.
I let her be and checked on her about 30 minutes later.
She was near the same spot, still resting. She did not greet me like her sisters did.
I picked her up and she gave no resistance. Now, she is more cuddly than most, but this is highly unusual. I looked her over and felt her abdomen and crop. Her crop didn't seem as full as I would have expected. Her abdomen was on par with the others.

I set her down and she drank some water, then foraged for couple of minutes. Then she separated from everyone. I saw her poop,, it looked smaller in quantity and wet,, but not alarming.. she then made way to rest in the hedge. (A more normal resting area)

Hubby set up the portable kennel (dog play yard) in the dining room. She pooped a light yellow, tinged with pink.
I bathed her in an Epsom salt soak. She drank a little of that water.
I wrapped her in a towel to keep her warm while drying. She cuddled for 20 minutes and then was getting agitated.
Upon her return to the indoor kennel, she was calling for her sisters šŸ˜­
I distracted her with Greek yogurt mixed with feed. She enjoyed it and pooped a more normal looking poo.
She is currently roosting on a bar. Her tail is still being held low.

I am very much hoping she just had some lining slough off (the pink in poop #1) and maybe she ate something that didn't agree with her.

Please keep your fingers crossed for a better day for Naenae tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20210615_205557.jpg
    20210615_205557.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 9
Update... doctor checked my blood pressure and I brought with me (my test blood pressure cuff) mine was inaccurate up to 30 too high. So I still have higher blood pressure, but not as dangerous as I thought.
Had I not gone to the doctor, I would have never known this. :thAlso he put me on different medication. I will still keep you all posted.
I'm very glad to hear that. :hugs :hugs

I would have second thoughts too. The border of the woods seems a little more dangerous as well. I know you will choose what is best. :hugs :hugs
There is a bit of a balanced risk to it. I have raccoons out there, one for sure and last year there was six in one evening! The trees help provide cover from some Aerial predators, and most importantly for the fast growing, large Red Rangersā€¦ Shade. Although we have had a wonderfully cool wet June for the most part, July it will start to heat up and the meat birds donā€™t do as well in the heat.

I plan on ranging them from about 10-4/6pm and will switch to a larger feeding at night to lure them back into the safety of the tractors well before the raccoons should be about.they will get 1/3 feed scattered to encourage scratching for bugs and free ranging upon release and the remaining 2/3 in the early evening to regroup them. I havenā€™t tried this in this particular area before but it is also close to the trailer, and I will be fencing Roostie and his girls into the same general area for a more aware/seasoned tribe.

Naenae isn't feeling well.

Noticed early this evening that she wasn't as active as her normal. She was resting in an unusual spot.
I let her be and checked on her about 30 minutes later.
She was near the same spot, still resting. She did not greet me like her sisters did.
I picked her up and she gave no resistance. Now, she is more cuddly than most, but this is highly unusual. I looked her over and felt her abdomen and crop. Her crop didn't seem as full as I would have expected. Her abdomen was on par with the others.

I set her down and she drank some water, then foraged for couple of minutes. Then she separated from everyone. I saw her poop,, it looked smaller in quantity and wet,, but not alarming.. she then made way to rest in the hedge. (A more normal resting area)

Hubby set up the portable kennel (dog play yard) in the dining room. She pooped a light yellow, tinged with pink.
I bathed her in an Epsom salt soak. She drank a little of that water.
I wrapped her in a towel to keep her warm while drying. She cuddled for 20 minutes and then was getting agitated.
Upon her return to the indoor kennel, she was calling for her sisters šŸ˜­
I distracted her with Greek yogurt mixed with feed. She enjoyed it and pooped a more normal looking poo.
She is currently roosting on a bar. Her tail is still being held low.

I am very much hoping she just had some lining slough off (the pink in poop #1) and maybe she ate something that didn't agree with her.

Please keep your fingers crossed for a better day for Naenae tomorrow.
I think I would be giving Amprollium just in case. I'm not sure what the preventative dosage is but I'm sure someone here will know.

Cider vinegar in water has helped me more times than I can count, in desperate times I just used malt vinegar...
I will try the bag of peas as well now. Thank you :)
Itā€™s the sudden cold to the face that does it, the peas has never worked for DH but was recommended by the person that installed the AEDā€™s at my work. ā€œYep, I know how they work, they are basically idiot proofā€¦ but they donā€™t work on my husband, they detect his pacemaker, and they donā€™t have enough juice to jump start him anywayā€ I either traumatize people or amuse themā€¦ thereā€™s not much in between. Ice (or cold) water sudden head dunk seems to work best, or shoving him into a walk in meat freezer at -20ish in a t-shirt!

You could also look int Valsalva or Vagal Maneuvers, which is a bearing down thing. I used to tell his co worker ā€œif he starts turning Red, Blue, or Purple in the face and looking constipated, call me and let me know, because it means the idiot is trying to work while having a cardiac eventā€ thatā€™s šŸ’• love šŸ˜‚

Back
Top Bottom