I think they feel safer with us out with them :)
Here is Rosie this morning standing all the way across the yard screaming at me to come out. Sorry, inside chores first.
20210623_083536.jpg

So there is a definite drawback to little Remy's need to always be underfoot. I accidently stepped on her while taking out feed to Holly and her babies. Thankfully it was just her toe, and I stopped myself before putting my full weight down but I feel so guilty. Especially with the little shriek she gave. She is ok, only limped for maybe 4 steps but I felt so bad I let her have first dibs for a minute on the new filled up chick feeder before I gave it to Holly. Did she learn her lessen, nope, still trying to stay under my feet while I was outside so I scooped her up and put her on her favorite spot, my shoulder and sat outside for about 10 minutes with her while I had my first cup of coffee. I always worry about the Horses stepping on the chickens and I am the one that ends up stepping on one.

I think they feel safer with us out with them :)
Here is Rosie this morning standing all the way across the yard screaming at me to come out. Sorry, inside chores first.
View attachment 2731481
Got to love Rosie, not only does she have my daughters name she is a Butter look-a-like. You should take a coffee break and go outside for a few minutes with her.

The new chicks have arrived, 3 silver based, one brown, and one white. All are identified by their color. Amongst the silver there is silver, splotchy silver, and owlface. One of the chicks looks like a little barn owl with a white face and silver head. All are moving around and are energetically eating.View attachment 2731274View attachment 2731275View attachment 2731276View attachment 2731277
They are so adorable, I think I see puffy cheeks. Are they easter eggers? If they are it will be fun see what colors they end up and hopefully all girls and end up laying blue and green eggs for you.

So there is a definite drawback to little Remy's need to always be underfoot. I accidently stepped on her while taking out feed to Holly and her babies. Thankfully it was just her toe, and I stopped myself before putting my full weight down but I feel so guilty. Especially with the little shriek she gave. She is ok, only limped for maybe 4 steps but I felt so bad I let her have first dibs for a minute on the new filled up chick feeder before I gave it to Holly. Did she learn her lessen, nope, still trying to stay under my feet while I was outside so I scooped her up and put her on her favorite spot, my shoulder and sat outside for about 10 minutes with her while I had my first cup of coffee. I always worry about the Horses stepping on the chickens and I am the one that ends up stepping on one.
I kicked Phyllis accidentally with my foot the other day. I get concerned when I am carrying things and can't see down because she is always darting around my feet.

Oh I really feel your guilt - I am always terrified of treading on my Princesses because they mob me. I try and have sunflower seeds in my pocket so I can throw them in front of me so everyone gets out of my way. Trouble is, they then figure out that my pocket is actually the location of the seeds and so then they mob me even more!
:th

Back
Top Bottom