Tax
20210621_152355.jpg

The new chicks have arrived, 3 silver based, one brown, and one white. All are identified by their color. Amongst the silver there is silver, splotchy silver, and owlface. One of the chicks looks like a little barn owl with a white face and silver head. All are moving around and are energetically eating.View attachment 2731274View attachment 2731275View attachment 2731276View attachment 2731277
All my fingers and toes are crossed for this batch. You've had such trouble in the past.

Yes, those. Are they more convenient to use?
I became worried about the hens consuming microplastics and zinc, so I hunted around for ceramic water jars. Here's a photo.

But those ones are not safe for chicks.

For chicks, I'd do what @BY Bob did and use a small and shallow tray with marbles in it to prevent accidental drowning.

Fire up the Way-Back Machine

I am so grateful that Mr. Peabody has been able to fully restore the way-back machine. We are going to do a quick video journey!

Mr. Peabody, set the way-back machine for June 20, 2017

chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump

For all of you with a white hen that likes to be camouflaged, The Greatest Hen ever decided to dust bathe in blackest dirt she could find that day. She sure did enjoy herself.

Here is what she looked like afterwards. :eek:
View attachment 2731391

OK Mr. Peabody, enough Dirty Birds. How about some freshly hatched ones. Let's set the way-back for June 20, 2020.

chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump

Here is some lovely video. Just so we all remember Sydney as a Mum. :love

OK Mr. Peabody, it was a short trip back but fun nonetheless. Please return us to the present.

I think the way-back is working just fine. We should look at some more trips in the near future.
Oh my goodness. I almost teared up with nostalgia, watching the chicks! That was a very special time.

Back
Top Bottom