:hugsSo sorry. That is a really stressful situation to find yourself in. :hugs
Honestly, I think today was too late for me to discover she is ill. This has been a long time coming, since she’s had trouble making eggshells for over a year. Feeling guilty that perhaps I should have tried hormones on her, but she usually carries on, even with the soft eggs.

Not sure where to leave her while I’m gone. She’s currently in the kitchen in a carrier.

Very good point. I often hang one on the upper coop pushing air in and out through the window on the other side. It might work well to pull from that side! Except… the roosts are lower than the opposing window and one is the same level as the spot where I clip the fan.
But is a breeze bad in hot weather? See if they try to move away?

Honestly, I think today was too late for me to discover she is ill. This has been a long time coming, since she’s had trouble making eggshells for over a year. Feeling guilty that perhaps I should have tried hormones on her, but she usually carries on, even with the soft eggs.

Not sure where to leave her while I’m gone. She’s currently in the kitchen in a carrier.
I suppose not going on the retreat is out of the question?

We used to do retreats but trashed them when everyone realised how much it cost in terms of people's private lives, families etc.

I suppose not going on the retreat is out of the question?

We used to do retreats but trashed them when everyone realised how much it cost in terms of people's private lives, families etc.
Well, I’m the assistant to the superintendent and it’s his meeting, so yes, skipping is out of the question. I can run by the house between the morning (which is happening close to home) and the afternoon (which is happening far away) tomorrow. But I don’t think there is anything I can do besides comfort her. I’ll reevaluate after work today.

I have soooo much to catch up on...

I got a text from the neighbor...
Resized_20210728_134829.jpeg

Vickie's days of free ranging are numbered.

I find this behavior irritating and baffling. It drives me crazy how they will go after whoever is broody with such intensity.
The only ones that will do this to a broody is Ruby who is number one and on occasion Rosemary who is number two... and they really don’t do it very often 🤷🏼‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom