Well, shoot. Not only is Ruby in really bad shape, but I think I am losing Dorothy, too. I’m not sure if she’s egg bound or has an infection, but she was in bad shape this morning and I just called the house. My son said she’s not doing well. I have an out of town retreat for work the next two days, so I’m not really going to be able to help her. My poor babies.
Poor things. So sorry to hear this. Especially when you can't be with them.:hugs

I find this behavior irritating and baffling. It drives me crazy how they will go after whoever is broody with such intensity.
I have been told that the senior hens in the tribe don't like it when those at the bottom choose to hatch. Phyllis is at the bottom of my tribe and I believe that this is playing into the abuse she is suffering right now. So now I am an active rooster defending my little girl.

I have been told that the senior hens in the tribe don't like it when those at the bottom choose to hatch. Phyllis is at the bottom of my tribe and I believe that this is playing into the abuse she is suffering right now. So now I am an active rooster defending my little girl.
And what a good rooster you are, Bob. Do you give a cock-a-doodle-do in the morning also? Please post video if so 🤭 in all seriousness though, I love that you are protecting your baby girl 🥰

And what a good rooster you are, Bob. Do you give a cock-a-doodle-do in the morning also? Please post video if so 🤭 in all seriousness though, I love that you are protecting your baby girl 🥰
I do not crow in the morning. Sorry. But 5 hens are not easy to control. Sometimes I need to be an octopus. I think I'm going to move my chair next to the dust bath or better yet sit on the ground with her.

Back
Top Bottom