The Time for Construction has Come

With Phyllis' chicks due to ship on Monday, it is time to begin coop construction. I need the coop (for which I still need a name) to be ready for either the chicks to grow in or for Phyllis to raise them in. Either way it has to be ready come Monday.

Pricing lumber is a sobering thing these days. With a 4x8 sheet of plywood going for about $40, this coop build is going to be WAY more expensive than the big coop. I started thinking of what I could recycle to create lumber and help lower the cost.

In my office for years has been an old entertainment center. I was able to disassemble it completely and come up with several good sized pieces of plywood not to mention some crown molding! Especially nice is the glass door which I will turn sideways and use as the primary entrance into the coop!
View attachment 2779243View attachment 2779244

Now I need to calculate the remanded of the lumber I need and head to the store.

Construction will begin tomorrow. 🔨🔨🔨🔨
Wow, great idea Bob! I thought lumber prices were starting to go down, that's such a crazy price for a sheet of plywood. I'm glad you found a way to keep your costs down! Can't wait to see the finished product. I sure hope Phyllis falls in love with your new babies! 💗

“I’m sorry that I put my nice chicken daddy to so much trouble, but me and my sister, are free spirited and like to make our own decisions!”
View attachment 2780449
The Redheads! 7223079E-43C2-44CA-A615-A0908CE7101E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom