If you have someone to do the implant than I suppose it's not too early. I would consider it if they were frequent occurrences but what is frequent? That's up to you.
It is not frequent at this point. Logically that is. Emotionally I don't want her to have any discomfort at all, and soft / thin eggs are life-threatening if something breaks or leaks inside her, aren't they? I did not try to pick her up to inspect her when I saw her looking so poorly, as I thought it could be a laying problem and to give her time to work it through. I did feel her gently underneath back there while she was standing, I don't know, maybe I shouldn't have done that?

It is not frequent at this point. Logically that is. Emotionally I don't want her to have any discomfort at all, and soft / thin eggs are life-threatening if something breaks or leaks inside her, aren't they? I did not try to pick her up to inspect her when I saw her looking so poorly, as I thought it could be a laying problem and to give her time to work it through. I did feel her gently underneath back there while she was standing, I don't know, maybe I shouldn't have done that?
I would leave her alone and watch. The problem occurs if it pops inside her. You need to clean her out or else she can get a life threatening infection.

Interesting observation

Allele (boss girl) and Whip (2nd to last in rank) seem to be best friends.

The past two mornings Allele has been in her favorite nesting box and Whip stands in front of the box. Not sure if she is waiting her turn or keeping the boss company.
Either way, Allele is not pecking at Whip...even when Whip is halfway in the box with her. 😂

I've also noticed that they nap near each other frequently.

Interesting dynamic having #1 and #6 as best buddies. :confused:
So. Fricken. Cute.

I only know 5 months worth of Turkey stuff and sorry to say but I got most of it off Google.. Got to much negative feedback in the turkey thread.
wow, that's a bummer. :( There's a lot of experience on these more social threads though too if you land on the right one. This is a good one.

Back
Top Bottom