I am not surprised. When people were buying up every last chick at feed stores and at hatcheries last summer, I had a feeling that within a year they would start showing up in rescues and on the street.
Now I bought my chickens last year, too, but it wasn’t totally an impulse (well, maybe a little). I always wanted my own flock of chickens and the time was right. No matter what, my birds were not ever going to be abandoned.
I had hoped that the folks buying all those chicks would find chicken keeping to be enjoyable, and that they would grow attached to their birds, and I’m sure a lot did. But there are always those bone-heads.
Sometimes I don’t like humans at all. 😢
I do fall into the pandemic timing for our foray...but I'm hooked and love these girls! My n'bors and friends are fans too ❤

I have a 5 gal one with a cover and 4 nipples (metal)...one on each side. That waterer gets oregano oil in it. Lasts a week.
The smaller chick waterer gets a splash of ACV. Lasts a day.
The metal dog bowl is plain water. Also lasts 1 day.
Sorry if you have already mentioned this @Lady Red, but what does the oregano oil do?

Sorry if you have already mentioned this @Lady Red, but what does the oregano oil do?
Supposedly a natural immunity supplement...
Plus it smells good 😝

This is what I use.
Screenshot_20210703-154617_Chrome.jpg

I've read that giving chickens the maggots from flies is good for them. What's your take on this?
I have some outside shall I give them these not?

Going to make a cup of tea and will be back soon :caf
Yup. Chickens find them delicious.

Back
Top Bottom